What's new

Styx - Return To Paradise (1 Viewer)

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure how long this DVD has been out but I picked it up recently & have to say it goes right (almost) to the top of my favourite music DVD list ... Not because its a great looking or sounding disc - in fact the DD5.1 has the bass turned up so loud its frightening! - The DPL sound is OK

It's the concert that is SO good with a superb selection of classic Styx songs brilliantly performed ... This show was recorded in 1996 (in Chicago?) & I was wondering if there are any other Styx DVDS worth getting either prior to or after this 1996 one ?

TIA - Paul

PS Here's what's on the DVD ... Rocking The Paradise, Blue Collar Man, Lady, Too Much Time On My Hands, Snowblind, Suite Madame blue, Crystal Ball, Grand Illusion, Fooling Yourself, Show Me The Way, Boat On The River, Lorelei, Babe, Miss America, Come Sail Away, Renegade, Best of Times

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
I have had this disc for a while, I totally enjoy it! Of course I'm a diehard Styx fan.

Vinny Petronio

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Pual,

I have the Styx Paradise album on vinyl and love it, how good is the sound on cd? I may go out and buy it to do a comparasion.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Vinny - Its the DVD I have although the concert is also on CD as well ...

Its not DVD sound quality like Hells Freezes Over but it pretty good (as I said I think they slightly exaggerated the bass too much on the 5.1 mix but the DPL is good quality IMO ...

As a huge Styx fan I love this DVD. My only problem is that I get no center channel in 5.1 mode. Is this normal?

PAT

Vinny Petronio

Stunt Coordinator
This is not so unusual sometimes they deliberately leave out the center to give you more of a stereo mode so it represents the original recordings My Beegees DVD was done this way unlike The Eagles which takes full advantage of the surrounds.Or you need to set your receiver to 5.1 you may have it in stereo mode.

Vinny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks