What's new

Stuttering John, new announcer for Jay Leno's Tonight Show (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
I don't like it. Even if they do tame his questions and train him to stutter less, I still don't like it. Howard Stern humour isn't funny to me and Stuttering John was less funny.

Maybe they could get Michael Buffer to be the announcer.:D Seriously, can't they come up with a better choice?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I don't get this move. I like Stuttering John, but he doesn't really have an announcer's voice. And I don't care what comedy bits they come up with for the guy, he'll never approach the brilliance and lunacy of Joel Goddard on Conan O'Brien.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I've never really seen any of the Conan bits, but they CANNOT be any funnier than the goofy shit they get Alan Kalter to do on Letterman. CANNOT !

MattGentry

Second Unit
Out of curiosity, what happened to Ed Hall? Granted, I haven't watched Leno in a while now, but last I knew Ed Hall was still announcer...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've never seen any of Alan Kalter's stuff. I think the stuff that Joel has done is hilarious. You should definitely check it out. Joel on Joel watching Joel, Joel's hunky stripper boyfriend, Joel just being Joel, etc. :)

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a big mistake... I don't think Jay's audience is going to appreciate him, and I dont think Stern's audience will go to Leno...

Don Black

Screenwriter
How much can an announcer make? I mean the guy says like 10 sentences a night. What else do these guys do?

Don Black

Screenwriter
I read the article. =) I was just thinking of Edd Hall. He rarely does interviews/segments and I just don't understand how it's a full-time job.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I just can't imagine Stern being happy about this--his boy is going to the enemy. Last I checked, Stern REALLY DISLIKES Leno.

Should be interesting to hear mondays radio show.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
From the article I read today, John called Stern to tell him the news. Apparently, Stern was very happy for John and both of them reportedly became choked up. Stern then invited John down to Atlantic City to celebrate. Also, I don't think that Stern has any ill will toward Leno. He likes Leno and did his show on the same day that Letterman returned from his heart surgery absence. I know it was some years ago, but Stern hardly dislikes Leno.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Don, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the two that asked why Edd left.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Stern doesn't dislike Leno. He just makes fun of him a lot. That's what he does.

I do think it's ironic that the ultimate "kiss ass interviewer" Leno hired the "anti-kiss ass interviewer" Stuttering John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks