Stupid Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Johnson, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

First, how do people hookup a sub thats all the way in the far rear corner of the rooms? 50 ft rca subcables run underground, outside & back in the house?? [​IMG] I wouldnt mind placing mine in a nice little spot between the couch & the chair but had a hard enough time running speaker wire to the rear of the room.
    Second, I have powered mains, they have rca line-level in/outs, and basically I have no idea what that refers too. It also has LFE in/out but I think I have a grasp on that.
    Third, back to the main, what would be the best way to hook them up? Right now they are hooked up regularly, my LFE goes to a dedicated sub. Should I even hook up the LFE to the speakers? I figure (and could be wrong) watching a movie, I can set the mains to small & turn the sub on. When I listen to music set the mains to large & turn the sub off. For music the speakers create plenty of bass on their own, but I dont think they get the lower freq. that a movie soundtrack provides.
    Thanks for reading, answers to any questions appreciated [​IMG]

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer