What's new

Stupid Question About Theaters (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'm planning on possibly seeing LOTR:FOTR for a sixth and final time tomorrow, but since it's only playing at cheap second-run theaters in my area I need to ask: Do pretty much all theaters these days feature some sort of surround sound, or should I call the theater to make sure? I'm not expecting Senator-quality sound, but if a theater doesn't have surround sound, it doesn't get my business.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd definitely call. Lots of theaters out there with no surround sound.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Andrew: Maybe this is off-topic, but are you saying that you must have surround sound in every case? Or just with those films that have surround sound in the first place? I've had thoroughly enjoyable experiences watching 35mm versions of my favorite film in mono--back in the early '70s, of course. Just curious. JB

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I've decided that it might be best not to tarnish my memories of my final two viewings at the Senator with some inferior-quality presentation. To answer Jack's question, if a film is made with surround sound, I have to hear it that way if it's at all possible. I don't mind updates of old soundtracks, but I have no problem whatsoever listening to films like Streetcar Named Desire orCasablanca in their original mono sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks