What's new

Stupid Ezula Adware (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
My laptop has been infected by this abomination and Im having problems removing it. The latest version of Ad-Aware picks it up, and lets me remove it, but it keeps reinstalling itself. And when it As-Aware does pick it up, its spawned into like 170 files to be removed. Lovely. Anyway, I was reading that I need to go into a command window, change directories to where ezstub.exe is located (of which I have 2, EZSTUB.EXE-36204113.pf & EZSTUB.EXE-3833C7C7.pf). So, I go into my command window, bring up c:windows/prefetch (which is where they are located) and then, Im suppose to type in ezstub.exe -UnregServer, hit enter, then type in del ezstub.exe. However, when I try that, it tells me that EZSTUB.EXE is not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file. Can anyone recommend another way to dispatch these guys. Im at wits end here.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Try booting into SafeMode and running Ad-Aware to remove the files. In many cases this will solve the problem. If not, let us know and we'll see if we can find something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks