What's new

Stupid design of Atari's "Flashback" thing (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Would it have killed Infogrames/Atari to put a cartridge slot on this product?

Atari "Flashback" system

Granted, it probably wouldn't have been that easy, since I imagine that this is all either emulation or recreations, but still, I think it would be a cool thing to do. It would probably benefit AtariAge and O'Shea's more than Atari itself, but I think there'd be a certain cool factor in being able to get an actual 2600/7800-compatible system.

I also have to wonder why they went with "7800-inspired" controls, since I've yet to encounter anyone who actually likes those things.

--sigh-- Never mind. Just looking for the proper place to vent on this, and I haven't found one.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I would have bought a 2600 'Flashback' unit; having never owned a 7800, this unit has no appeal to me. Besides, with the Atari® Anthology out right now for the PS2 & Xbox, there's even less of a need for me to consider this retro unit.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, 15 of the 20 games included are 2600 games; only 5 are 7800 ones - though how you do a 7800-based system without including "Ninja Golf" is beyond me.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The Atari Anthology disc contains 14 of the 15 games found in the 'Flashback' console (Solaris was the only title missing), along with 48 other 2600 titles, 18 arcade games and 5 bonus titles - 85 games for under $20 is a better deal IMHO. :) Gamecube-only owners are out of luck, but the rest of us should be covered one way or another.

I wonder if I'll ever see Imagic's Demon Attack ported to a modern console....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks