What's new

Stunt man PS2. HORRIBLE (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
This game is bad bad bad. I had great hopes for it. I like the concept but took a wrong turn in development. First off the graphics are no better than that of PS1 and the game play is frustrating. Second the load tomes are unbelievable, it loads into the first movie then it loads into a second movie and then it loads into the frickin stunt. You then start off and you have no idea what to do in the game, Your director throws out orders a split second before you need to do them. and at points too late. (as im going over the dock into the water, the director yells stop here. This is not the frustrating part though. when you mess up in the stunt you have to start all over which isnt long, but annoying. and the stunt track where you can make your own tracks is WEAK! at best. Lets hope the creators of driver 1 and 2 put more thought into their next project driver 3. But hey thats just me.

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have enjoyed the time spent playing Stuntman. Granted there are some flaws, and it becomes frustrating, but I like a good challenge.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I agree with James,
its a pretty decent game with some flaws. the graphics are decent, the voice acting is TERRIBLE and the LOAD TIMES ARE A DISGRACE. But the game has kept me entertained.... its a fun game, yes sometimes it all boils down to trial and error, but thats the fun of games....... figuring it out

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I wouldn't say that it's AWFUL. I did take me an hour, no joke, to complete the 'log-blast-van-rollover' stunt. I rented it so I don't have the instructions and I couldn't figure out what to do to fire the log from under the car (hint: smash all four shoulder buttons, I guess..hah).

I am now on the 2nd stunt in the second movie which is the car chase followed by the corkscrew jump, I believe.

The game is alot of fun, BUT it does get frustrating when you have to constantly play the same level over and over.

I especially liked the 'drive under the falling smokestacks' stunt. That was straight out of the movie "Hooper" with Burt Reynolds.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm, I'm enjoying the hell out of this one. Given, I think I'm on the last level after only 12 hours of play, but I've been pretty impressed with it from start to finish.
Graphics have been impressive and I've only noticed the slightest slowdown. The game could benefit from some anti-aliasing from time to time, but the courses are large and varied and the stunts are constantly fresh. The different environments are also very refreshing and the vehicles you get continue to keep you on your toes (and they aren't always faster than the scene or movie before). What really got me was how nicely the trailers for the movies were put together. Very smoothe and some great movie touches (especially for HK movie fans).
Count me in as a fan. I wonder about the longevity, but so far the game has been a good challenge and a lot of fun. Just prepare yourself for many tries as you familiarize yourself with the stunt track and work throught he particularly difficult ones.
:emoji_thumbsup:

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
well alex, I think you may be one of the few people that have actually almiost beat the game in 1 day. I bought it no release and although I dont play it much, I am on the 4th scene of the 3rd movie. Its way hard, but then again arent games supposed to be frustrating lol. This game is ok. I dont mind it to much. But I still hate the LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD times.:)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I guess my long gaming career has made the 5 second pause pretty tolerable. That's when I do all my cursing. :)
I don't know. This one is definitely in the "rewarding" category and not in the "frustrating" category for me. That can be a very thin line, but seeing the fruit of your labor in a 100% complete replay makes it seem completely worthwhile.
Also excellent is the first time you approach a particular stunt for the first time and find yourself saying "I'm gonna do what?" outloud.
Keep your spirits high. The next few levels are quite varied in speed and challenge. Soon, you will "fear the Tuk-Tuk". :D

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yes As I am experiencing the tuk tuk.... I realize I hate it, and yes this game is more "rewarding" After finish a level... I just get so damn happy lol.... arggghhh onto the next one.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
considering all of the flaws of this game, and how it really is quite rewarding when you complete a level, Id have to say that it just isnt worth it. I actually envisioned myself throwing my controller through my 50" HDTV. Thats when I had to turn it off and basically never play again.

load times are bad, but I can deal.
voice acting and timing is bad, but I can deal.
control can be unbearable at times (monster truck, drives like the friggin wheels are filled with helium and makes the truck super light?!!), i can hardly deal with.

Put it this way, this is why the game is so stupid:
imagine that you are a stunt driver, and you arrive at the set on your first day on the job (on a new Bond film)

now imagine the director says "ok, get in the car and start driving, Ill let you know what to do when your supposed to"

WTF?!? What the hell kind of screwball plan is that?!

so, all problems aside, my biggest complaint is the supid director yelling in your ear thing. They should have at least provided some kind of map or layout of the objectives for each stunt in the unbearable load screen. But then again, I wouldnt get to stare at the title "A hootin and a hollerin!" 50,000 times!!!!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
The Monster Truck appears to be correct. I've seen those on ESPN at the wee hours of the morning (at least a few years ago) and they seemed just like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks