What's new

Stunning moments (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
What single moment of a movie really sticks in your mind in terms of the 5.1 or DTS soundtrack (for example, Green Goblin laughing in Spiderman)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the opening credits to Superman.
especially when the little girls voice goes from the front center to dissolve behind you- followed by the even more incredible audio/video of the credits themselves
gave me goosebumps.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
For me, it is Sauron emploding in DTS at the beginning of Fellowship EE. Really cool.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
One of my favorites has to be God speaking to Moses from the burning bush in Prince of Egypt. The way His voice completely fills the room never fails to send shivers down my spine.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
For me, it is Sauron emploding in DTS at the beginning of Fellowship EE. Really cool.
That was the very first thing that came to my mind as well. That bass drop sounds incredible on an SVS. That effect never fails to bring a HUGE smile to my face.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The final concert at the end of A Hard Day's Night.

The 5.1 track has been very looked down upon, but it's actually quite true to the way the mono one was mixed. It's only more expansive. I felt like I was next to a bunch of screaming girls when I was watching it.

Also, the DTS remix of Fantasia is wonderful. I actually played the DVD without the monitor just for the sound. It's a shame stereophonic sound took another decade and a half to catch on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks