Stuffing Sont WM-40

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Goff, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Dave Goff

Dave Goff Agent

Have a couple questions on filling the cavity of the WM-40. Give me a run down, what with, how much?
    Lots of good advice on htf, found out the regular wire so carefully ran in the walls of the addition to a corner sub position will not give good results.
    Guess a visit to the crawl space with a drill and shielded coax is coming soon. Guy that said he downloaded owners manual I give many thanks, did yesterday & spent about 1 hour reading. Have til coming wednesday & stuff gets here, more reading instore.
    Hooked up tv=S video,DVD=optical, will the set up do all the tricks, Dolby dig, dolby pro, and DTS?

2. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

huh?

3. NeilKn

NeilKn Extra

Dave, take a look here:
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/jetersne...samw40faq2.htm
    I followed these instructions, takes about 10 minutes, a very simple job. Found Polyfil for about $2 a bag at Michaels, a craft/hobby store here in southern California. About 3/4 of a 1 pound bag actually filled the box up. My understanding is not to pack it in too tight, as the fibers cannot then move and provide the cooling effect which makes the speaker work harder to warm the air. This is just what I had read, so I followed that too. The woofer does now have a sharper, more defined bass, and sounds like a more expensive subwoofer.