What's new

Stuff a PR sub? (1 Viewer)

Brandon B

Second Unit
Building a dual HE15 sub with 6 of the 15" PR's from Stryke, and as this effort is going veeeery sloooowly (no time for fine woodworking between job and kid), I put together a dirty but solid cube per the original single HE15 with 3 PR's design. I lined it with polyfill, but did not stuff it.

A few minutes into running the thing, one of the PR's started chattering. Inspection revealed that the surround on the PR had come unglued from about 45 degrees of the textured face of the PR. It peeled away pretty cleanly, meaninng the glue had failed without ripping the surround or the face of the disk.

First time any of these components have been used. I was running it at fairly modest levels (for this sub), and it happened almost immediately.

So my question. Was this just a bad glue job on the PR? I ask as it was the one opposite the driver, which means it gets the full brunt of the backwave. If this happened because I did not stuff the box, I don't want to put one of my other 3 PR's in there and do the same to it if it was my error. If not, I would like to "test" the other 3 so I can get them repaired all at once if there are similar problems. (and have a working sub until I finish the other enclosure.)

Thankns.

BB

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Brandon,

This was a bad glue job on our part here. I had someone new doing the assembly on the PR's for awhile. She didn't scrape off the texture along the edge where the surround glues to the disc. This made that glue joint very weak as the glue just stuck to the texture, and not to the actual disc. I thought I had caught all of the bad ones, but apparently not.

I would go through all of them, pull on the surround a little and see if any of the others have the same problem. Then give me a call and let me know now many of them were bad, if there were more than just that one. 920-217-0625 is the number. I'll get some replacements out to you right away.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks