Study materials for CompTIA A+ exams

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jeff Jacobson, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I would like to get a CompTIA A+ certification. What book should I get to study for this? CompTIA's site lists about 14 different self-study books, and I don't know which to get.

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Go in and take the test blind. I used no study materials and passed on the first try. I came to KC and was told by a prospective employer that while 5 years of field experience was nice, they wanted more certs then just MCSE.. took me no time.

I've talked to others who did this method as well. The requirement to pass CompTIA is hideously low.. Anyway, go out, get a good book or video if you like, and watch. Two hours later, take the test.

For a good book, though, if you are worried about the exam, I tend to recommend David Groth's book, which is at least amusingly written [​IMG]

3. James T

James T Screenwriter

Same as Chris. I had books, but I got lazy and didn't study. While writing it, I was worried I'd fail, so I was a bit surprised to find out I passed(by a good margin too).

If you know the basics of a computer, you'll have no problem. I got a few printer and network questions, which I know practically nothing of, but I was still fine for the exam.