What's new

Studios to Join Disney Movies Anywhere Platform? (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Almost 7,000 titles have now been added to MA. Hundreds going up by the day. Something is definitely going on.

And it should be noted that there are approximately 9,000 non-TV UV titles, so about 78% of UV has been transferred to MA...

Last edited:

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Only 6200 movies on the list were UV, so that is 68%, not 78%. We are still missing movies from Lionsgate, Dreamworks Animation, Paramount, and MGM. If they don't get those studio's on board, they won't be able to replace UV with one digital locker for all our movies.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Only 6200 movies on the list were UV, so that is 68%, not 78%. We are still missing movies from Lionsgate, Dreamworks Animation, Paramount, and MGM. If they don't get those studio's on board, they won't be able to replace UV with one digital locker for all our movies.

And it will be useless.

66027398-5BA2-4474-B180-C9B2C4B5B3EE.png

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Seriously. The only point is to make it a single locker. If it’s not a single locker then it’s no different than the mess that UV is today.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I’m just saying have a little optimism! We don’t know that it won’t be a single locker yet. Just the fact that they are bothering to do it at all shows that is probably the plan...

Last edited:

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I’m just saying have a little optimism! We don’t know that it won’t be a single locker yet. Just the fact that they are bothering to do it at all shows that is probably the plan...

That was the original plan with UV too, but it didn't happen. I used to be an optimist when it came to UV, but they didn't reach a lot of their stated goals. I am not going to get my hopes up that this new system will be a perfect system either.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
BOMBSHELL

I’m just gonna leave these right here...

(with screenshots in case the page gets pulled)

EDIT - yup they pulled the site!

https://www-beta2.vudu.com/mobileMa.html

798CC474-382E-4D65-ACFA-75327F0E2DA7.jpeg

A0CB2543-EE84-4AC2-99D0-FB09FA755077.jpeg

B3F43309-E89D-44CD-AAE3-A3ADDD69DC16.png

Notice how the free movies include 1 each from Disney, Fox, Universal, Sony and Warner.

Obviously no Paramount, Lionsgate, or MGM, but I am truly not worried about that. Every format has this kind of crap at the beginning and I don’t think the studios would have gone to this trouble if they thought it was going to be a problem.

Also, there is evidence of Google Play hooking up to it.

IT IS REAL, FOLKS!

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BOMBSHELL
Every format has this kind of crap at the beginning and I don’t think the studios would have gone to this trouble if they thought it was going to be a problem.

Interesting, what were the downsides when iTunes movies started?
Compared to the absolute disaster that was UV when it started?

If they don't have all the studios they are competing against themselves at this point...

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So no Xbox or PSN connectivity if that’s true

I have a sneaking feeling that how things are set up with a service before it even launches is probably not how it will always be set up during the entirety of its future...

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Vudu, Amazon, and YouTube apps are available on Playstation and the xBox.

That’s not the point. XBL and PSN are both massive movie storefront silos in their own right. If they are cut off from cross garden buys this seriously knee caps them. And I thought both were DMA participants

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks