What's new

Studios that use their old logos on DVD releases? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what studios use the old logos from the era of what the release in question, and what uses updated logos on DVD releases? And what are your opinions on it?

Today most shows on syndication use the up to date studo logos. But I am glad some DVD releases have the old logo. Some use both the old logo followed by the updated logo, which is a nice comprimise.

I got the Police Squad DVD, and to my surprise the 1975-87 Paramount logo is in place.

I think most releases should use the old logos. I wish Sony TV, would use the 70's Colmbia logos on shows from that era. That logo was one of my favorites.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Sliders DVD sets:

Seasons 1 and 2 had the original 1990's Universal logo (Horner) at the end.

Season 3 DVD - 1990's logo cut off and replaced with the 1997-present logo (Goldsmith)

The season 3 DVD uses it at the start rather than the end.

Sky King

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Steve Z,

Columbia Pictures uses the original Columbia "Torch Lady" on their Three Stooges releases.
Love the animation associated with their 1930's "Torch Lady."

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For movies, yes, Columbia is good about keeping original logos, but for TV shows they are horrible in this respect. Their only TV DVDs which have their original logos are 227 Season 1, and the TV movies The Blue And the Gray (uncut), Brian's Song (original), QB VII, and the 1985 Alice in Wonderland. Considering they reinstated the original Screen Gems logos on Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie when they were on TV Land, it is insulting that they are not on their respective DVDs.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I was pleasantly surprised to see the old Filmways logo at the end of "The Addams Family" episodes.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Paramount kept the original logo for The Brady Bunch. They are usually bad about it. Star Trek Season One has the original Desilu logo but it has the 1978Paramount copyright superimposed over it.

Warner Bros. is horrible at preserving t.v. logos. Wonder Woman, Roots, and other shows have updated logos.

Universal is good at preserving logos on old shows such as The Munsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwipip