What's new

Studios: re: Tv Product - provide a Play All option (1 Viewer)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Please provide a play all option when producing TV episodic DVD product.

This feature is sorely needed when trying to watch the entire disc without having to continue going back to the Main Menu and chosing the next episode.

Especially Star Trek DVD product. Definitely wanted!

Thank you!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I think all DVDs should be able to tell when they're being played by someone who owns a laserdisc player, so they'll just play straight through with no menus or anything ;)
My Pioneer LD/DVD player lets you program most discs so they will play everything sequentially (like the South Park DVDs) but some discs like The Simpsons disable this!

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse:

I looked into this with my Pioneer DVD player. I can program but on the Star Trek DVDs, you get an error when you enter the Program. On the All In The Family DVDs, you can program - but it is ignored.

It seems that the studios don't have the faintest ideas on how DVD players operate. They chapter encode all episodes when the episode should be chapter marked and then highlights should be then indexed (Use of the Title and Chapter features correctly).

In all fairness, the studios don't seem to know how to handle TV DVD product. They are authoring TV product the same as a film feature. They are totally different.

Being a computer scientist and developer, I don't understand why they don't have preliminary authoring layout designs. If they did, they would probably understand more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks