What's new

Studios confuse me.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
They are going to release the complete season of "Samantha Who?". But, we hear nothing of other shows that might have cult followings..."Reaper", "Journeyman", etc. I mean we get "Fastlane" yet not its Friday night partner "John Doe". I know they still could come out. But, it just bums me out. Plus, I want to free room on my dvr.

:frowning:

Mike*SC

Second Unit
The prompt release of "Samantha Who?" is designed to build interest for the second season, which will premiere in the fall. "Reaper" was only just today picked up for a (half) second season, so it may follow. "Journeyman" has been canceled, so it's not as pressing. (It's also from 20th Century Fox, whereas the other two are from ABC Studios a.k.a. Disney.)

As for your "Fastlane"/"John Doe" issue, realize again that they are from different studios.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It's doubtful that Reaper will gain any new ratings and since Samantha Who is definitely returning for a new full season, the studios are going to support releases for current DVD shows and release them in the hopes of attracting new viewers.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Like Mike said, Repear just got picked up as a mid season replacement, meaning new episodes will not debut until January or later. Why release a season set in September of a show with no new episodes until the new year? It doesn't make a lot of sense. Wait until the November/December releases are announced. I bet it will be in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trishy!
Recent bookmarks