Studios: best extra on DVD "The Charlie Rose Show"!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas Hart, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart Stunt Coordinator

One of the best and most entertaining extras on DVD that I have found lately has been "The Charlie Rose Show" interviews. I miss the show constantly on PBS, but blindly purchase any DVD with it as an extra:

"The Sweet Hereafter"
    "Rushmore"
    "Pulp Fiction"
    "Nixon"
    "Unfaithful" (which I will now blindly purchase)

I'm sure I'm missing a few (anyone?) but I wish more studios would incorporate this extra on their DVDs. I mean the whole show; not sound bites or highlights; the whole one hour show.

I recently saw Robin Williams and director Mark Romanek on "The Charlie Rose Show" promoting "One Hour Photo" and thought it was simply outstanding (saw the film cause of it). I sincerely hope FOX will include it on the DVD like it has for "Unfaithful".

2. RossH

RossH Stunt Coordinator

Ross Hudgins
    The 2 disc "Cast Away" features the Charlie Rose show with Tom Hanks...I too enjoy this feature a lot.
    Maybe we could also see some "Inside The Actor's Studio" shows as an extra where appropriate, but since that show is more of a look at the star's entire career, that probably poses problems (different studios films being featured, etc.) Perhaps just the segment of the show where they discuss the relevant movie...? And of course the questionaire at the end of the show. [​IMG]
    Also, appearances on other talk shows (Letterman, Leno etc) should be considered...although, sometimes it ends up being the same interview over and over.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Thomas, PBS' Baseball (the Ken Burns documentary) set contains 4 or 5 interviews from the Charlie Rose Show, with the likes of Bob Costas (x2), Jackie Robinson's daughter, Yogi Berra, and Burns himself. It's pricy ($180 MSRP IIRC, for 10 discs) but if you're a baseball fan you may want to look into it. Plus all of the Rose segments are included on the 10th disc, so if you could find that separately (probably on eBay) that would be a much cheaper route.

4. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I'm a big fan of Charlie Rose and I now regularly watch the show after seeing his interviews on various DVDs.

Gregory

5. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

I think the orginal Memento DVD (not the limited edition), has the show on it.