What's new

StudioCanal new 4K restored Kind Hearts & Coronets (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
The greatest Ealing comedy and one of the all-time greatest British films has just been upgraded. I just did a quick comparison between the new region ‘B’-locked 4K restoration of Kind Hearts & Coronets and the one previously released in 2011. To my eyes, the differences in picture quality are very subtle – the only thing I found noticeable was more grain in the new 4K restoration. The special features are different and there are now German subtitles as an option. I don’t think the differences between the two releases warrant an upgrade but it was really great having an excuse to see this again!
Interestingly, there is now a title card inserted right at the beginning stating that some of the language reflects historical attitudes which audiences may find offensive. The film is presented as originally screened for reasons of historical preservation. If only Disney had a similar attitude towards their classics...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

willyTass

Supporting Actor
the studio canal release was sourced from BFI 4k scans . The KINO blu ray was sourced from an earlier 2k scan. The studio canal release is more highly resolved and you can see the film grain .

the SC release (log in for 1080p caps ) Photo 6

The Kino release. Photo 19

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Rarewaves currently has a 20% off coupon on "Vintage Classics" including "Kind Heart"

Most Region 2 locked I believe.

Use Code RWVC23 for 20% Off at Checkout

Not sure when coupon expires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks