Studio V.3 Owners

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ArthurJ, Jan 6, 2004.

1. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

Time to chime in, what do you have? How does it sound compared to the V.2 model? Was it worth the upgrade?

I’m back looking at the Studio 20 V.3 but am interested if they still have that mid bass hump in the 100-200 Hz region?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I think they modifed the x-over, because the "hump" seemed to be gone to me, almost across the board with the v3s. IMO, they don't sound dramatically different other than that. (not an owner, but I auditioned 40s in my setup, and most of the others at the shop)

3. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

From auditioning the 20s:

yes there still is a hump in this region. It's a way to get more ultimate bass extension (-3 db point is shifted somewhat).

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If it's still there, it's less pronounced than the v2s.

5. Luis M

Luis M Second Unit

I bought the 100 v3s a month ago and with hump and all they sound pretty amazing, not that I hear it. These are fine speakers unless you want to go up the scale and spend some serious bucks. I did not hear the smaller ones, I went for the 100s from the start and I am very pleased with their sound. It's hard to find the perfect speaker even at $10,000 so for the $1,800 that I paid, I can't complaint.
    My next step is to get the paradigm 570 center channel....Thank you E-bay.