What's new

Studio Speaker Placement (1 Viewer)

Jason Alexander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Hardy
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on speaker placement for a studio apartment that is somewhere around 17 x 13. I'm trying to get a nice sound for movies and just to play music but my main concern is creating a setup that keeps the sound from bothering neighbors. I'm thinking sub placement would be a chief concern and how close the speakers are to the walls, but do you know any special tricks? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Have a great day.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Here's what the basic layout should look like: http://www.dolbylabs.com/consumer/ho...oomlayout.html

The subwoofer is usually placed near the corner of the longest unbroken front wall. You're right about keeping the speakers away from the walls if possible. Most of the placement advice is geared toward balancing sound for the listeners inside the room. It may also be a side-effect that it minimizes sound escaping the room, but not necessarily. As you'd expect, it is the subwoofer that will most likely reach your neighbors. I'd try setting it up as you would any system, but maybe dialing the sub down a little. Too bad, but you have to keep the peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks