What's new

Studio Ghibli "Pom Poko" DVD- does it have English subtitles? (1 Viewer)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Thanks Jeff! That's what I'm banking on is someone who'll say when they get it. I love the sets I have so far. Hopefully BVHE USA will make some comparable discs on Kiki, Laputa and Spirited Away (not to mention Totoro in 2004).

Rafael

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
they'll likely be the exact same discs with some audio and sub track switchouts. Watch Nausicaa.net, the news will likely go up there first

Richard Waller

Second Unit
I hope they don't remove English subtitles starting with this title. I don't want to wait until BV decides to start releasing them over here.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They aren't removing English subs at all. The next disc "Only Yesterday" is confirmed to have English subs

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
I can say without a doubt it has English subtitles. Saw the advertisement for it today and on it is the clear kanji for English subtitles.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tomoko. We've all seen the ads for English subs too, but we get conflicting reports from Buena Vista, Studio Ghibli and online retailers. It's enough to drive you nuts :) CD Japan would get materials that don't mention the subs and when they called to check they'd be told NO SUBS and the loop of doom starts :)
BTW: What is the general reaction to the Sen to Chihiro lawsuit?

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
CD Japan have just updated their site to state that it does indeed include English subtitles - so it's confirmed then :)
I've just ordered it along with Kurosawa's Dreams

RafaelB

Second Unit
Awesome! I guess I'll have to get this one. I tried watching an unsubbed version, and it was a little hard to follow.
Thanks!;)
Rafael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks