What's new

STUDIO DAYS listing of forthhcoming PARAMOUNT dvd's... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The following, according to Videotropic's Studio Days report, have been announced as coming from Paramount in 2002:
Bad News Bears
The Duellists
Fatal Attraction
Lady Sings The Blues
Mahogany
Sunset Boulevard
Sabrina (1995)
Serpico
Top Gun
Top Secret
Two titles that Mr. Blythe indicated had "made the cut" from the poll taken here some months ago do not appear:
DRAGONSLAYER
DON'T LOOK NOW
I am wondering whether Paramount decided to drop these two titles for the coming year. Nice to see BAD NEWS BEARS, SERPICO, THE DUELLISTS and especially SUNSET BLVD. though.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
You can definately put me down for Serpico. I've been craving for this one for the longest time.
------------------
-Dwayne

DanR

Supporting Actor
Keep in mind, just because Martin Blythe said those two titles "made the cut", he never promised they'd be released next year.
"Made the cut" simply means "I'm going to check with our team and see what shape the elements are in to see if we can get this out next year". Thus, you are assuming "made the cut" means "released in 2002".
Plus, you are assuming that every title on the Paramount 2002 schedule was discussed at Studio Day. I seriously doubt that is the case.
Once you get rid of those two assumptions, it is easy to see that DragonSlayer could be on the schedule for 2002 (i.e. it just wasn't discussed at Studio Day), but then it it may not be on the schedule for 2002 (i.e. the elements need work, and it's going to take longer).
Regards,
Dan

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

"Latrine!!!!"
------------------
My collection:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...=Kriegersaurus

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pleased to hear that The Bad News Bears is
coming. Will we also be getting the sequels?
And what happened to Paper Moon? Wasn't it supposed to be out this year.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
What are they going to do with Top Gun? Are they going to redo the whole Tom Cruise trilogy thing or just Top Gun??
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

wally

Second Unit
Is the Top Gun available now good enough that an SE is not needed? Did they mention when in the year Top Gun would be released?

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Wally,
The Top Gun disc that is available now is in desperate need of a SE. The video is non-anamorphic. At times it is decent, at others bad (heavy grain, compression artifacts by the inclusion of a P&S version on a dual layer disc). The 5.1 audio is not bad, especially in the flight sequences. As far as special features...none whatsoever, no trailer, only static menus.
A special edition would be a welcome edition to my library, at the very least a nice new transfer.
Chad

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron had mentioned in his LA report that Trading Places was not forthcoming anytime soon. Is this because the film elements are trashed?
Brian,
It could be the condition of the film elements as well as Paramount's policy of spacing out their dvd releases.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Where, oh where, is Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy? Then again, we have to keep in mind that Paramount is not going to announce everything they're releasing in 2002 during one Studio Day. We may still see several of those releases that everyone wants (ie Brain Candy!!!!).

Joel C

Screenwriter
I am very disappointed that the Brady Bunch movies have been delayed until 2003. The last two VHS tapes I have (except for the three holy trilogies: SW BTTF IJ) and I just can't get rid of them.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED
[Edited last by Joel C on October 07, 2001 at 05:33 PM]
[Edited last by Joel C on October 07, 2001 at 05:34 PM]

wally

Second Unit
Thanks Chad,
Top Gun... One our favorites. If your 35 or older bet you can remember a time when you couldn't walk into a store that sold TV's without seeing the Tomcats cutting up the sky!

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator
Sweeeeeeet,
I waited to buy the "Jack Ryan Trilogy" in hopes of an SE treatment. Also the "Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy" is something I have been waiting for.
Way to go Paramount!
Mo

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
According to a thread at Mobius Home Video Forum, John Frankenheimer's Seconds (with commentary) and Prophecy, are both being released by Paramount on January 8. Both are 16x9 WS, but that's all I know right now. I'm assuming Seconds will be the unrated version with the wine-stomping nudity intact. Great news (if it's true)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks