Studio/CC on top of 40H80 - HOW?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

The title says it all. How do I get one of these beasts to be stable on my 40H80? My TV backs a window, so I can't build a shelf...

Any and all ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Martin.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

3. Andrew V

Andrew V Stunt Coordinator

I found that my center was also too big for the 40H80. I compromised and used a foot stool to hold the speaker. I build a little wedge so it angles the speaker towards the listening area. It’s only temporary until I can think of something better but it does it’s job. Here’s a: Picture.

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I have a 40X81 and had the same problem as you. What I did was buy a small speaker stand (15' high) and place the center channel in front of the set just below the power button. With the angle of Paradigm CC-370 it sits just perfectly and was much cheaper than building an entire system around the TV.

Chris S.

5. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Thanks for the suggestions!
    One other thought I had is that my main speakers are about two inches taller than the 40H80, so I could run a thick board from one speaker top to the other, and put the center on that board. It would be fugly, but it would get the job done. I wonder if that would affect the main speakers, timbrally speaking?
    Unfortunately, I don't have the room to put the center in front of the TV, since we sit too close as it is... [​IMG]
    Martin.

6. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

You could always "Toe screw" it in from both sides... Right through the center channel into the tv..use a cordless drill with 3" heavy thread screws, lol... [​IMG]
    Seriously though, i've heard suggestions for this where, you could use two rubber wedged door stoppers wedged behind the center, on top of the tv. I guess it would depend on how big the center channel speaker is though. Andy's 9C is pretty big.. You could also build a shelf on top of the tv outta some five quarter wood with angle brackets 45'd to the tv. (i like this idea best) Good luck..... and don't run a freak'n plank from the left front to the right front for cry'n out loud, lol...