What's new

JoshZ

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
It's funny, back before I knew what DNR was I thought Basic Instinct was one of the best-looking discs in my collection. Thanks to these forums over the years I've received a first class education in what film restoration actually should look like :)

I'm actually a tad bit concerned about this not being up to snuff. Hopefully Studiocanal's love affair with DNR isn't as serious as it was back in the early days of DVD. I don't have a whole lot of Studiocanal discs in my collection but I do know that their restoration work can and has been inconsistent. This one's a biggie so I hope it gets a great scan this time.

Studio Canal's "restorations" used to be more miss than hit, but they've been doing a lot better the last few years.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Studio Canal's "restorations" used to be more miss than hit, but they've been doing a lot better the last few years.

The "restorations" themselves (or "remasters," or whatever we're calling them) have been very good lately, but their encoding for disc can be a little iffy sometimes.

Chewbabka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
A message from Bill Hunt: "I’ve just learned from industry sources that there are currently no plans to release Basic Instinct on 4K disc here in the States. So if you want it, you’d better pre-order StudioCanal’s UK release here at Amazon.uk (or here at Zavvi US)."

This is kind of a wish washy statement, and i don’t really believe it won’t be released here, given the precedent with other SC/LG titles.

“No plans” could mean it just hasn’t been decided/detailef yet, or that his “source” isn’t privy to the info. Notice he didn’t say “it won’t be released in the US”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw