What's new

3D Studio and 3D titles (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Is there a listing somewhere that gives the major studios and their "Classic" 3D holdings. We have a blu ray release from Universal and a couple from Warners.....but I don't think the others have released anything blu from the 50's. Just wondering what Columbia and Paramount might be able to offer.

Thanks for the help.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
That's actually about it. Columbia's Man In The Dark was handled by Twilight Time and their Mad Magician isn't on blu-ray only as a download for 29.95 from the Playstation 3 console.

From 1982's Amazing 3-d which does have some errors/omissions...
1952 Bwana Devil-Oboler/United Artists
1953 It Came From Outer Space -Universal Fort Ti-Columbia Sangaree-Paramount
Arena-MGM Robot Monster-Astor The Maze-Allied Artists Charge at Feather River Warner Brothers
Hannah Lee-Realart Second Chance-RKO Inferno-20th Century Fox I, The Jury-United Artists
Stranger Wore A Gun-Columbia Devil's Canyon-RKO Wings of the Hawk-Universal Moonlighter-WB
Those Redheads from Seattle-Paramount Flight to Tangier-Paramount Glass Web-Universal
Kiss Me Kate-MGM Gun Fury-Columbia Nebraskan-Columbia, Louisiana Territory-RKO
Hondo-WB/Wayne-Fellows Cease Fire-Paramount/Wallis Miss Sadie Thompson-Columbia
Cat Women Of The Moon-Astor Drums Of Tahiti-Columbia Taza, Son Of Cochise-Universal
Money From Home-Paramount French Line-RKO Phantom of the Rue Morgue-WB
Jesse James Vs The Daltons-Columbia Dangerous Mission-RKO Jivaro-Paramount
Southwest Passage-United Artists Gorilla At Large-20th Century Fox Son Of Sinbad-RKO
Gog-United Artists Silver Lode-United Artists Revenge Of The Creature-Universal

Allied Artists' Dragonfly Squadron which isn't mentioned in the book will be out this year. As for short subjects Warner Brothers has Bugs Bunny's Lumberjack Rabbit, United Artists holds Time For Beany. Disney-Melody and Working For Peanuts (which are on a Disney demo blu-ray), Universal-Nat King Cole Sings Pretend, Woody Woodpecker's Hypnotic Hick Hawaiian Nights and Carnival in April. Columbia- 3 Stooges Spooks and Pardon My Backfire (was on PS3) and Tell-Tale Heart. Paramount-Casper's Boo Moon (out later this year) and Popeye Ace Of Space. RKO has Motor Rhythm. There is also Paramount's Ulysses which isn't in the book but listed on Wikipedia and Imdb.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
in 1960-20th Century Fox has September Storm, Charito and Ernesto and Space Attack. 1961-The Mask-Warner Brothers/Beaver-Champion

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Oops..scratch Silver Lode from that list. You can also get Taza Son Of Cochise but on dvd and you'd need a Sensio receiver...

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Just for the record..Ulysses wan't a 3d title and it's not Amazing 3d that has errors/omissions it's another book

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
phillyrobt said:
Just for the record..Ulysses wan't a 3d title and it's not Amazing 3d that has errors/omissions it's another book

Probably "3-D Movies: A History and Filmography of Stereoscopic Cinema" by Dr. Haze er Hayes

phillyrobt said:
Oops..scratch Silver Lode from that list. You can also get Taza Son Of Cochise but on dvd and you'd need a Sensio receiver...

I think the Sensio dvd is side-by-side 3D so it will work on current TV's. At least my Sensio dvd of Jaws 3D works that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks