What's new

Studio ADP's or ADP-370's for surrounds??? (1 Viewer)

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have Studio 60's and a Studio-CC up front. I will eventually have a 5.1 setup but next year I may add 2 rears. My question is whether anyone has done a direct comparison of the Studio-ADP vs. the ADP-370.

The Studio-ADP is the natural choice in staying within the Reference line but they are a LOT more expensive than the 370's. Are they that much better???

Also, should I consider letting go of the dipole idea altogether and getting Studio 20's for rears??

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
john
i auditioned them both, the Studio-adp, are way better. i went speaker by speaker (monitor vs studio), and the Studio won on every station. On some loud volume tests (-10 to +5, with Gladiator), the Studio ADP stayed coherent, effortless and open, while the 370's, well, did'nt.If you can afford them, go for it.
(i also run 60's and CC center)
Dipole vs direct? you can go with direct firing for all the surrounds, just make sure you place them far enough from peoples ears (not too close).
On my next system, i'm gonna audition directs for surr. also, see what i was missing.
:emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you will eventually buy a second set of rears, I'd say stick with the Studio line, and get whichever fits your budget now and get the more expensive one later. ie; if cost is a concern, then get a pair of 20s now and ADPs later. I have monopole rears, and they work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.