What's new

Studio 40/ Monitor 9 /Legend v2 (1 Viewer)

Jedd

Second Unit
I didnt have a chance to listen to all of them. Maybe someone did. What the difference between this 3 guys?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The Studio line is a dramatic improvement in every performance aspect over the other two speakers you mentioned. The Legend has more bass but IMO it is uncontrolled and has a poor midrange. The Monitor series has a better midrange vs. the Legend but reproduces less bass.

Jedd

Second Unit
So, it makes no sense to purchase legend if you can get the stuido-40 for the same money?

Mickey Brown

Stunt Coordinator
if you can get the studio 40 for the same price as the legend, RUN, don't walk to wherever that is and buy it immediately.

The difference in the speakers is night and day. You will eventually want a sub for HT with the 40's.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Sonically, I prefer the Studio 40s and Monitor series over the Legend. I would suggest going to a Paradigm dealer and listening to these speakers. If the 40s are within your budget then I would strongly recommend them. (I own a pair, so you could say I'm biased)...

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I looked at the 40s along side the Monitor 9s and Monitor 11s. I was blown away by the upgrade in sound in the Studio series. The 9s and 11s did have better bass extension but the 40s sounded sweet. A clearer, more defined midrange and better soundstage. Needless to say, I walked with the 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks