1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Studio 20 as a center channel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Parsons, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have a configuration that includes a Studio 20 as a center? My thought was this:
    Studio 40's front, ADPs, Studio 20's; one for rear 6.1, one for center channel.
    According to the brochure, the 20 has better Freq Resp on AND 30 deg off axis than the Studio CC. I contacted Paradigm and they say it would work just fine but I was wondering if anyone had any 1st hand experience?
    Thanks,
    Matt
    ------------------

2. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

The BEST would be to get another Studio 40 for the Center.
    The second best would be the Studio 20, it will be a superior center to the Studio CC.
    Many folks get the CC because their setup will not facilitate another vertical speaker.
    -- John
    ------------------

3. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Make sure whatever speaker you use for a centre is shielded. Typically, the Studio series is not shielded (only on special orders for the most part)....except the Studio/CC of course.
    Dave

4. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

Dave makes a terrific point. I was assuming you would be using a projector.
    -- John
    ------------------

5. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

David;
    Thanks for the heads-up on the shielding, I'll be sure to check it if that's the way I go.
    John;
    I do not have a projector for what it's worth....I'm not sure how I'd set-up the 20 but I'm sure I could figure something out. Lovan has a center channel stand (Director) that may work. If I placed the 20 on top of my Ent Center (approx 8" above TV) it would allow me to angle it down slightly and isolate it from the Ent Center.
    Thanks for your help fellas. [​IMG]
    ------------------