What's new

Studio 100 v2's vs. NHT 2.9's (1 Viewer)

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
I truly like my Studio 100's but am still thinking I could do better for music at the same price point. I'm powering these with a Parasound 2200mkII so power is not a problem. I actually thought my Studio 40's had a little better imaging than the 100's?? For strictly music, what do you think?

Secondly, I have a seven channel setup and would then get a NHT AC-2 center and probably 2 pair of 1.5i's for the sides and surrounds. This would be replacing a Studio CC and Studio 40's for the sides and surrounds. I'm certain of two things: The AC-2 is proably a better center than the Stuio CC, and the NHT 1.5's are not as good as the Studio 40's. What do you think of the compromise?

Thansk
James Elvick

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
From what I've read, the NHT 3.3 was, and still is one of the best speakers in its price range($4000+?) but its discontinued. The 2.9 is maybe 70-80% of its performance but costs quite a bit less. I would say that the 2.9's could possibly outperform the Studio/100s, but since I haven't heard either of them(heard the Studio/60 and Studio/80 and didn't really like either of them though) I can't be sure.

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the response. Starting to think no one has heard the 2.9? Many have heard the studio 100's, where are the nHT fans?

James

Users who are viewing this thread