What's new

Stud problem (1 Viewer)

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
I want to install in wall speakers. They will all fit exept one rear surround. The place where it has to be put is where there is a stud. There is no place to the right or left of the stud, the speaker has to go where the stud is. This is an interior wall. Is it a huge deal to cut out a section of the stud to mount the speaker? Did any of you atempt this. Could I notch the stud out to fit the speaker. The mounting depth of the speaker says 3 and 1/4" So I don't know how much of the stud I would have to knotchout. I have drywall then the stud. And if I would notch out the stud would it impede on the sound quality cause there will be a stud right behind the magnet. Thanks

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Yea.. as Wayne said.. as long as it's not a load bearing wall... you'll be fine just removing the entire stud where you need the speaker. If you are not sure about removing,cutting it out for load bearing reasons consult with your builder or anyone in the construction business before proceeding. I'm sure you will be fine, but it never hurts to ask the professionals if you have any doubt at all....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks