1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck in the '80's..?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ChrisHeflen, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Kramer: "Come on...it's the 90's...it's Hammer time!"

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Like I said, the 80's are just popular now, so for the past 20 years, you've noticed it more so than any other decade...

Back in the late 80's and 90's, it was ALL 70's fashion! Everyone had that "Hippie" thing going on. We've now come into 80's style and fashion. It'll pass in about another 5 years or so.

4. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

The 80's RULE! But the 80's can't all be lumped together fashion or music wise. Someone listeneing to Madness or The English Beat was NOT listening to Huey Lewis and the News or Hall and Oates, (at least not publicly lest they be ostracized from their click) In our high school we had the pre-goth chicks with the asymmetrical bob haircuts, the dark clothes and the doc martens. They weren't Nearly as severe looking as the goth girls of the 90's or today.
    We had the new wave kids who liked Duran Duran, a flock of seagulls and wore the white and the day glow. We had the rockers with the feathered wings haircuts who liked classic rock and roll. We had the jocks with the mullets and the polo shirts with the collars up (!) We had the B-boys into RunDmc. I was in a band that played "ska" type music. There were many variations in "the 80's" which seems to now get all gelled together.
    When you buy many 80's compilations they will put Lionel Ritchie right next to Ultravox on the CD...

The 80's ruled and were much more complex than the current nostalgia trend indicates.

but what do I know...

[​IMG]

5. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Yeah, but who here rolled their pants up tightly at the bottom?

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    If you want an accurate representation of what the 80's looked and sounded like, just watch The Wedding Singer.

[​IMG]

7. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Well if anyone wants to see ME back in the 80's, I was in a Kool and the Gang music video, "Rags To Riches" looking VERY 80's with the gel and the shoulder pad suit. (and yes, it wasn't wardrobes', it was mine)
    http://search.aol.com/aolcom/search?...earch&ie=UTF-8

I am in a few quick shots at the 39 second part. I am the guy who gets off the payphone.

[​IMG]

8. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Bryan
    Very cool, Dave!

9. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Going by that clip and your sig, you're changed very little in 16+ years [​IMG].

--
    H

10. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Yup, staying out of the sun helps!

[​IMG]

11. andrew markworthy

I agree that the 80s rule - the 1880s that is. Decent classical music, great literature. Those were the days. [​IMG]

12. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

I beg to differ... I listened to all of it...dated all the girls from the different groups was a jock and in the band and hung with the preps and goths...apparently your high school learned nothing from "The Breakfast Club"

My school had cliques, but the really cool people could break down those walls...There is no song from the 80's I dislike...of course you could see me at a debbie gibson concert on monday, prince on tuesday and G n R on Fridays...Saturdays were always reserved for the WWF and Hulkamania [​IMG]