What's new

Stuck in Standby Mode on Nad T763 (1 Viewer)

z33type

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Pimentel
During my attempt to update the firmware on this old,but awesome receiver. I ended up bricking the darn thing.

Attempting to update the firmware I accidentally knock off the rs-232 cable during the update process and now receiver sticks to stand by mode. It won't turn on.

Tried every possible troubleshooting steps to recover it,but nothing works. On the Nad software upgrade procedures if you cancel and if update fails it says.
1. Turn off unit2. Open top casing
3. Put jumpers on J24. Turn unit on and proceed with the update.

What is a J2? and what kind of Jumpers do I need? I don't even know where J2 is inside the receiver. I manage to open the top casing. I'm just all lost from there. If I go through NAD service they will charge me an arm and a leg.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Failed firmware updates are usually the kiss of death for receivers and bluray players. I'm very surprised there's instructions for openning up the receiver and connecting "jumpers". I have no idea what a J2 is either and I advise you to comtact NAD directly before attemping to do it.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Thats a bummer but at least theres a fix. I would drag it around to a couple of electronic repair shops in town, with the case off, and for a $20 they might be able to point out where the J2 jumper is and hook you up with a free jumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks