What's new

Stuart Gordon's "From Beyond" SE - What Happened? (1 Viewer)

Partyslammer

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Bell
Anyone have an idea what happened to the dvd release of the 80's cult classic "From Beyond" directed by Stuart Gordon? I had heard a new unedited cut made it's debut on one of the pay tv HiDef channels early last Summer with a 2 disc special edition dvd to follow by September. As of now - no word on any release date. I've had the German PAL release which is acceptable for some time but this was one dvd I was really looking forward to getting the full treatment ever since I heard the additional footage had been found and restored to a "Director's Cut."

T.B.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Wasnt this supposed to be out Halloween 05???

Ive been wondering myself. I have a disgusting R0 full frame copy of this and the promise of a remastered uncut extended version had me drooling.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I had created a post earlier about when MGM was really going to get back into dvd, and FROM BEYOND is the kind of thing I was talking about. We all know Sony had been working on the Bonds and stuff like FISH CALLED WANDA for months, so I expected those. But since Fox has taken Sony's place in the Lion's dvd distribution, I see no significant other MGM catalog titles on the horizon. No FROM BEYOND, no Midnite Movies, no Soul Cinema, no Avante Garde cinema, etc.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
That blows because I thought work had already been started on it.

I remember reading they found some extra footage laying around.

Anchor Bay!!!!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Its a nice print too. It plays in HD on the monsters-HD channel frequently. So its already done I wonder why no DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks