Stryper - New album and world tour in 2005!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Andrew s wells, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

I just read over at the Stryper forum that Stryper are currently in the studio, recording a new CD for release around summer 2005, with a tour to follow. For those of you who are fans, tim gaines is no longer with the band. It was to persue the music he and his wife (Irene kelly) are currently promoting. Just thought the fans would want to know. take care.

2. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Stunt Coordinator

Cool! I've been a fan for years as well as Michael Sweet's solo stuff. I saw them once in concert and even though they are a "glam band" from the 80's I stll like them.

3. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Oh my! I remember back in the early 80's seeing these guys at a backyard party, in Anaheim, when they had a few future members of Max Havoc. They were called The Yellow and Black Attack, everything from guitars to mic stands were all wrapped in yellow and black electrical tape. I was on two very strong hits of LSD(Chill Pill, I think), and although, I still thought they sucked, I was mesmerized all night by the yellow and black tape. I sat and talked to the guitar player until 4 A.M., only to realize I was sitting on one of his 1/2 stacks. It is quite possible, this guy was just real polite and put up with my mumbo-jumbo all night instead of asking me to move my ass.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yeah, but will they still have the hair? [​IMG]

5. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Stunt Coordinator

Well John, I know I have a lot less hair than I did in the 80's!

6. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

This is pretty cool. They did a small tour and a live album just last year. They also released a greatest hits album with two new songs, which I thought was pretty good. Just FYI, they have left the spandex behind. Too bad, I know... [​IMG]

7. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

ok.. 103 views and 0nly four replies. I would think, that by viewing the thread, there must be SOME interest, so lets hear from you! [​IMG]

8. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Well I was/am one of the views. I opened this thread for curiosity sakes cause I remember them from back in the day. Not a fan but Im happy for you Stryper fans.

9. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I listened to clips of the live album and was very unimpressed. I didn't think the production was very good at all, and I love live albums. I also listened to clips of the two new tracks on the GH. If they had been good, I might have bought the GH even though I have all the albums.

I'm not a huge fan anymore, but I would buy a new album if the production was good and the songs were great. Otherwise, I'll save my limited funds.

10. John McM

John McM Second Unit

I remember as a kid, buying "To Hell With The Devil" and my mom mistook the meaning of the title and thought I bought a Satanic cassette, lol.

11. Matt Levy

Matt Levy Extra

I grew up in the 80's and I think of Stryper now as I did then: VELVEETA!!!