What's new

Stryper is back! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
O.K.. The new CD is not out yet, but it is on the way sometime soon (probably early summer). There is a new sample on Stryper.com for one of the songs called "Reborn".VERY crunchy guitars and the vocals ESPECIALLY during the chorus are really powerful. If you have good speakers, be sure to crank it loud if you check it out.
For those of you who like the band, lets hear your thoughts after hearing the sample.
take care
andrew.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but share them only about the music per se and not about what the group stands for. Per HTF posting guidelines.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I don't care for the NuBreed guitar sound but the production sounds much better than on the new songs from the Greatest Hits. Michael can still wail, he doesn't sound like he's lost any of his vocal ability. Musically I'd like to see them return to the rock they did on "Against the Law", since that's my favorite album, but I know that'll never happen.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
you know, I really do not understand posts like that. If you don't like them, thats fine, but this thread was intended for people who want to hear the new song clip and who are fans of the band. why go in a thread and have nothing constructive to say, then just basically bash them and leave? :angry:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, take it up with the moderator — in private. Which post are you talking about? The fourth one? Well, please, everyone: Only positive posts about the band in this thread. OK?

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Wow, sorry Andrew, I didn't think I said enough to draw that kinda heat. Sorry dude, just a quick reaction. Won't tread on Stryper anymore. :D

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
August 16th can't get here fast enough. After a musical dry spell, the 2nd half of 2005 is shaping up to be a killer:

Pillar - WDWGFH? Limited Edition w/ DVD (5/24)(already pre-ordered)
Disciple - Rise Up (Autographed) (6/7) (already pre-ordered)
Stryper - Reborn (8/16)
Thousand Foot Krutch - Untitled The Art Of Breaking (7/19)
Demon Hunter - Untitled (in studio now)

Reborn sounds awesome, with a harder sound, but still obviously Stryper. Playing the clip back to back with older stuff, Micheal sounds exactly the same, he hasn't lost anything. Too bad they lost Timothy Gaines, but glad to see the OZ and Robert back.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Well it only took me five minutes to find the clip on their site (I was expecting a 10 second search, not a five minute job :D ).

Love the Stryper "sound". Will be picking up the new one (and I have to track down In God We Trust sometime too).

Here's hoping for a :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
There's a name I haven't heard in ages. They had a good bunch of songs that rocked in the heyday. And if I recall their guitar player (lead, not singer) could rip.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i had a buddy in school who *loved* these guys. i, being the music snob i was at the time, couldn't stand them. so i used to bag on his music, he used to rip on mine.

anyway, everytime he would wear his stryper outfit, i would go "bzzzzzz....here comes the bumble-bee!". he, in turn, would go, "well, at least i ain't ... insert favorite duran duran/depeche mode joke here"

good times...good times...

sorry for the thread fart....i'm really bored today! :D

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
There was a group at my high school back in the 80's that my friends and I called the "Stryper Dudes." There were at least three of them and they all had really big, long hair. They also had these really big sunglasses that would make just about any senior citizen jealous. These glasses were adorned with little crosses and 777s painted on the corners of the lenses too. We just thought it was a bit odd that the "Stryper Dudes" wouldn't listen to much besides Stryper.

Anyway, I was a huge heavy metal fan back then and thought Stryper was pretty cool. Imagine my surprise when I found out that both Tim and Oz lived in the same city as me (they did back in then anyway) and I got to know them both pretty well. They are both really cool people and it's nice to see them doing well again. They deserve it.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
www.Stryper.com announced that there is an error in the track listing of Reborn. Some of the songs printed on the case are in the wrong order on the CD. They are telling us to buy these because they will become collector's items like the USPS stamp with the upside-down plane.

www.musictap.net has a positive review up as well.

Rob_D

Agent
They had a couple of good songs (Reach Out, Soldiers Under Command) but they never struck me as anything more than just another marginally talented hair metal band with a gimmick.

If a need a hair metal fix, I'm putting on some old Dokken or Ratt.;)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Huh, hadn't noticed that. Glad I picked mine up on street date.
Overall it is a very solid album (great update of I.G.W.T.) and a great welcome back to Stryper :emoji_thumbsup:

andy wells

Agent
Yes the new album is indeed a great one! If you have ANY doubts to the talent of this band (and yes.. not every one will like them even then) go see them on this tour! What amazing stage presence and a rocking good show!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
oddly, I remember when I was a kid, buying "To Hell With The Devil" on cassette and my mom threw a fit when she saw it because she thought I bought something Satanic and evil when it was the total opposite :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks