What's new

Stryper fans! Great news!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
In the spring of 2003, hollywood records will be releasing a greatest hits cd.. No biggie right? Well.. the four guys (mike,tim,oz and robert) will be going into the studio to record 2 brand new songs to go on the CD! There is also a DVD on the way, which includes the "In the beginning" video, "live in japan" , all the music videos, and other bonuses!! I personally have longed for the day when i would hear something new, and these two announcements have made me beyond happy. I found the info at the official michael sweet website. take care.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Shhhhhh...!!! Most Stryper fans generally remain quietly in the closet. :)
This is good news. I am very interested in the material on that DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I will definately be picking up the greatest hits CD and most likely the DVD as well. These guys always got a bad rap in the 80's because of their being a "religious" band, but their musicianship was top notch.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I might be tempted for the kitsch value. I DO like Michael Sweet's voice - whatever you think of their music or beliefs, the boy can sing.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I might be tempted for the kitsch value. I DO like Michael Sweet's voice - whatever you think of their music or beliefs, the boy can sing.
Not to mention the extremely impressive dual guitar assault of Sweet and the curiously named Oz Fox. Some amazing solo work, good songwriting, and very good playing. The musical style is a bit dated though.... But they rocked in their day!

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
according to the website, mike says the 2 new songs will be heavy and modern. Can't wait to hear them. Got to meet all of them at the stryper expo in 2000 in new jersey.I hope they have some of those killer harmonies like on soldiers under command. :)
Michael, have you heard the Truth cd? Very different from stryper, but very good and mikes voice is in top shape. Listen to the song "stone" for all the proof. If you need a good heavy song after that "save me" should fit the bill. later.:D

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I worked in the Christian music business for most of my adult life, and followed the career of Stryper closely. These releases may be of fascinating historical value to me, and who knows--I may remember how to bang my head a little, even at 39 years of age.;)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I've got to have it, despite what ridicule I have to endure from others. I'll probably have this shipped in a plain, unmarked box so no one knows I ordered it ;)
I saw them at a little club in Boston when I was in high school. What a weird mix of people in the audience. There were those that were there because of the religious component of the music. Now add a bunch of head bangers. It was pretty funny to watch everyone stare at each other uneasily.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Well... the info on the DVD was taken down from the website. I checked the official Stryper website and it says "possible" DVD release at the same time as the collection CD. I HOPE they do release it!

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Yeah. It's his latest solo CD. Don't go in expecting to hear stryper (what would be the point of going solo to have the same sound? :D ) , but there is a great variety of music on there (there are 2 versions of the truth CD). You don't have to worry if you look in the stores about mixing them up.But if you order online, make sure you try and get the most recent release (the first one was a demo cd, and had some different songs from the final release). Very good lyrics on this CD as well. Should have done much better than it did.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks