Stryke HE15?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by steve nn, Aug 10, 2002.

1. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Any thoughts out there on the Stryke HE-15. Is this a better woof than the new Uber? I know the figures are not out yet on the new Adire.

2. At the pre-order price of the Uber15, yes, get the Uber 15. If the normal pricing is the same, then I am not sure. The Uber will be more linear and has a lower inductance, but the HE15 is no shy player either. I recently heard the HE15.1 cuce with dual 18PR's and WOOOOH Nelly! that was some seriously loud and clean bass.

Before you get the HE15 (if), be aware that there is a new UE15 coming out. One version will have the excursion of the Uber 15 and the other will be a lower inductance one with the faraday ring and will be around 25mm. Modeling wise, the UE 15 is awesome in a sealed box WITHOUT EQ!

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I notice all of the Stryke amps are in the 100-250 watt range. Would one of these amps do justice to a 15" HE in a sealed enclosure? I have always been under the impression "right or wrong" that a driver in a sealed box would take 750 watts on to make it sing?

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The Tumult (that is the name anounced yesterday for what has been called the Uber15) will have almost 2L more Vd than the HE15, has a much lower Fs, won't have the inductance hump around 70hz and will also hopefully cost less than even the HE15s preorder.

5. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Where'd you get the specs on the new Strykes?

6. John had them posted a while ago on the BassList. Just give him a ring and he'll tell you more [​IMG]