Stryke Dual Power15.6

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon B, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Any reason this kit can't be built with the drivers in the lower half? Floor creates boundary problems or something?
    If the unit were made about 10-12" taller to accomodate a housing for an amplifier underneath, would this matter/help? Or is that just a plain bad idea with the magenetic field of the drivers in that area?
    I guess what I am asking is if I build one of these, and want to extend the cabinet to house an amp, should I leave the drivers at the top, put amp in the bottom, otherway around, or get the amp the h**l out the there and build it like it's drawn?
    Thanks
    BB

2. Julian Data

Julian Data Second Unit

Brandon I would just build the sub just like how it's drawn. The box is as heavy enough. [​IMG]
    ------------------

3. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

I was intending a standalone amp contained on some sort of shelf, which would be removeable if I needed to move (grunt) this thing, but you're probably right. I will have to be scooting it around when I do my setup.
    BB

4. Julian Data

Julian Data Second Unit

Then by all means, go for it! [​IMG]
    ------------------

5. John E Janowitz

John E Janowitz Second Unit

Hi Brandon,
    You could have the drivers near the floor. That wouldn't be a problem. Just flip it over. :)
    As for the amp cabinet, you could do that if you wanted. Make sure you have an amp with no fan, or a quiet fan if you plan to keep it in your listening room though.
    John