What's new

Stryke Dual Power15.6 (1 Viewer)

Brandon B

Second Unit
Any reason this kit can't be built with the drivers in the lower half? Floor creates boundary problems or something?
If the unit were made about 10-12" taller to accomodate a housing for an amplifier underneath, would this matter/help? Or is that just a plain bad idea with the magenetic field of the drivers in that area?
I guess what I am asking is if I build one of these, and want to extend the cabinet to house an amp, should I leave the drivers at the top, put amp in the bottom, otherway around, or get the amp the h**l out the there and build it like it's drawn?
Thanks
BB

Julian Data

Second Unit
Brandon I would just build the sub just like how it's drawn. The box is as heavy enough.
frown.gif

------------------

Brandon B

Second Unit
I was intending a standalone amp contained on some sort of shelf, which would be removeable if I needed to move (grunt) this thing, but you're probably right. I will have to be scooting it around when I do my setup.
BB

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Brandon,
You could have the drivers near the floor. That wouldn't be a problem. Just flip it over. :)
As for the amp cabinet, you could do that if you wanted. Make sure you have an amp with no fan, or a quiet fan if you plan to keep it in your listening room though.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks