What's new

Stryke AV15's... (1 Viewer)

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong forum, my guess is that I can get more replies in this forum this way...

If anyone is interested I would be willing to trade a pair of my AV15's for a pair of AV12's at no extra cost.

The reason being is that I will be placing these drivers in my car and I believe this will best accomodate my space in my car.

Let me know if you are [email protected]

The AV15's (HAVE NOT BEEN USED)!!! They have only been taken out of the box...

Cree

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure you don't have enough space for the 15's? The AV series can be built fairly small in sealed alignments. You would get way more output from the duel 15's than the 12's. You must be pretty bummed.

BTW, I don't have any AV12's, but I would trade in a heartbeat if I did.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
I am very sure about the space issues...

The AV15's take very large enclosures for vented boxes. The smallest I could go is roughly 2 cubes vented. I understand that you make the boxes smaller for the AV15's, but the output would be cut drastically to accomodate, such as small vented box. However, that is where I think the AV12's would excel at rather than the AV15's...

I was plug'n numbers in WinISD and ploting different graphs and a box size of 1.5 cubes (AV12) vs. 2 cubes (AV15). The AV12 came out the winner in terms lower F3 at 28Hz vs. 35Hz from the AV15. Also I hear, that making the box smaller for such a large driver, such as the AV15 will make it sound bad as well.

Also I want to vent the subs, instead of going sealed. Even a 3 cube box sealed gives me a qtc of around .7 The smaller the box the higher the qtc value, which considerably cuts the deep bass response.

Cree

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

You'll still get tons of low bass output from either of those subs in sealed enclosures in your car. WinISD can't take into account the cabin gain you'll get in a car. You'll hit 20Hz with ease with even small sealed subs.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i have a cheap car sub i got it for 99 bucks with the box. it goes prety low. i just ordered a av15 for my car and i am going to put in a 2 cube box slot ported or sealed.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
That is very true...Cabin gain is not reflected within WinISD, which is always hard to speculate, since the trunk of vechicles differ in size and shape.

Well I was thinking of 3.5 cubes total for both drivers ported...IYHO, would that be sufficient space? If not, let me know!

Cree

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Heck,

I have a mint condition AV12 that i bought from Acoustic-visions and i would be willing to trade it for the AV15 and some money. Let me know...

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
I can attest that Chris is a straight shooter and a pleasure to deal with. I received the AV15 today. Excellent packaging. The AV15 is very impressive. I can see why so many people like Stryke Audio's AV12 and AV15. It is heavy. The scratches on the cone are minor, will not bother me at all.

I'm so impressed with it that I am feeling like I need to buy a pro-amp, at least the JBL MPC300 (QSC CX6) with 450 watts into 2 ohms or 900Watts bridged into 4 ohm.

Anyways, I think Chris still has one left if someone is interested on a AV15.

Thanks again Chris...

Al Garay

Bob Huskison

Agent
No he doesn't. I have it. Just got it last night. All I have to say is HOLY SH*T! Work begins tomorrow.

Thanks Chris.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Bob and Al...,
You guys are class acts and I enjoyed dealing these subs to you guys. I am glad that they made it there safely. Now I hope you guys can commence to pounding. I wish I had gotten chance to hear them, but its okay. At least you guys did (or in the process of listening to them)...

Thanks so much guys...You made this quick and easy...!

Bob if you could drop me some heat at http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=3241

That would be great! Al thanks for the comments...This really does help establish a great relationship with so many transactions...

Cree

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
You are very welcome Chris. Bob will be way ahead of me. I am going to have to focus on work for a couple of weeks as I'm wrapping up a job and starting a new one fairly soon.

Meanwhile, I will continue gathering the remainder of the equipment. I hope it goes as well as it did getting the AV15. That was easy. I expect to get two 18" 1600gr PRs from John very soon. Then, I need to decide on the amp ... plate-amp like the Rythmik A350 (nice and cheap) or get a good deal on the BK Electronics 500watt plate-amp (should receive info on Monday) or pro-amp like the JBL MPC300 (which is the QSC CX6) or Crown CE1000.

At least I know it will look like the Power 15.2 with Honduran Mahogany.

Al

Bob Huskison

Agent
Chris: Heat dropped. :)

Al: I'm not sure how far ahead of you I'm going to be. My work is going to spread over a few weekends as my job won't allow work on weekdays right now either.

I ordered almost everything else I need last night; except the amp. That'll be in a week or two, once our refi has finished closing. At least I'll get to make some cuts today and tomorrow. Though I'll have to take time out to watch The Masters in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks