Stryke AV12's delayed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle Richardson, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

I was just informed by John at Stryke that the AV12's will be delayed about 2 weeks. He was expecting them to arrive just before the holiday but did not receive them. He called the build house today and was told that they had some defective cones and they noticed the flaw at the last minute. Instead of sending them out they decided to put a hold on the shipment and replace all of them to be safe.

Because of this they had to order in a new batch of cones that will arrive with the AV15 batch in a couple of weeks. I know this isnt good news but I'm sure all of you will understand that it is better to play it safe and make sure a quality product is delivered. Sometimes that just happens in the manufacturing process. I'll keep everbody informed if I hear any more news.

2. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Any chance that John J. of Stryke Audio will extend the pre-order price? [​IMG]
    Dave

3. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Ya !!!!! Good Question.
    I STRONGLY 2nd that notion [​IMG]

4. JimRHIT

JimRHIT Stunt Coordinator

It's cool...thanks to John for making that decision. I'd hate to get everything together and have to take it all apart to send it back for a "recall". I am still searching for power for these, but I will be building my boxes this weekend.
    Has anybody finished their PR Boxes yet, so I can get some pics. Oh yeah, I am sorry I never posted my AutoCAD drawings...but my computer went on the fritz .. so I used the graph paper and straightedge.
    Later...Jim [​IMG]

5. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

While I agree that I've rather have a product that is in perfect condition,the wait is already been long enough.I can't say that. I'm too happy right now about this.
    Patience is not one of my virtues.

6. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Well, on the bright side the wait for the AV series drivers has been waaaay less than the wait for the Tumult. [​IMG]

7. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

8. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

9. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

I feel ya Dan [​IMG] . I'm in the same sinking boat [​IMG] . For Christmas people ask me what I want & I hand them a phone bill, electric bill, insurance bill, rent bill, this bill, that bill, the list goes on...................
    BTW, YGM

10. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

I'm so poor I can't even afford to pay attention....
    I have always wanted to be Rich! But I can't come up with
    the $150.00 to pay the court to change my name!
    [​IMG]
    Well okay I am not broke, untill I go shopping [​IMG]

11. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

when are the av 15 shiping? i ordered one hope it comes befor christmas

12. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Unfortunately, that is the price we have to pay when staying on the "leading and bleeding" edge of technology. [​IMG]

13. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

14. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

And why not? With new products, there are always delays. I wish it were otherwise, but that's just the way it is. Look at the products that have been *rushed* to make it on time. You get nothing but crap - and then you have to ship the device back to get a replacement.

However, I will state that people should hold off a little on their "paper launches" of their products. Yes, it's good to get the news about a new product circulated before it's time. But, then people get all excited ... only to have to wait additional time for the product to actually hit the shelves.

15. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

It was a quality check issue of the woofer cone, it has nothing to do with the cutting edge technology,like the latest video game console or something in a magnitude like that.It always come down to one thing: somebody not doing their job or not very well.The consumer shouldn't have to rationalize it, or being fed compromises.Since this is not a "life and death" product for me I simply wait,and get it when I get,and won't bitch to Kyle about it,but my "reaction" is based on my own priciples, simple as that.
    As I said YMMV!

16. Paul Stiles

Paul Stiles Agent

Compainies, fully knowing that the product will not be available for a long while, will launch a paper release (product announcement) partially in the hope that it will cause people to put off purchasing a competitor's product and at least look at the new product when it is finally available. In the meantime, the product is termes vaporware. The computer (hardware and software) is notorious for doing this.

In the case of the AV12, the delay is disapointing, but better that than have a bunch of faulty woofers go out to customers.

Paul

17. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Second Unit

At least you guys don't have to wait for shipping (At least not long!)
    Spare a thought for those of us in the rest of the world - I've been waiting on a DPL12 from Adire for around 6 weeks - and that's AFTER the 3 or so month wait for the pre-order!!
    The box is built, as is the amp - just need the driver (The postie thinks it's strange seeing a grown bloke waiting like a dog waits for it's dinner at the mailbox [​IMG]

18. chris_hunigan

chris_hunigan Stunt Coordinator

John,
    Whats the status on the AV12 and AV15?

Thanks!

Cree

19. Ryan Hawke

Ryan Hawke Agent

^^Bump^^ for status on the AV15 [​IMG]

20. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

i git a email from the peeps at stryke they said they should be shiped right around befor christmas that is the av 15 the reason is the stryke on the west coast delayed the parts