What's new

Stripperella out of order (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, Spike messed up another one of their DVD sets by releasing the episodes in an order that makes NO sense.

I started watching episode 1 on the DVD, only to be confused by what I was watching. I felt as though I was coming into something already in progress, so I looked at EPGuides.com and saw that the episode I was watching (Crime Doesn't Pay... Seriously, it Really Doesn't) was the third episode to air. The first episode aired (Beauty and the Obese Part 1) is the 5th one on the set. The set isn't in airdate order, or production order...it's in SPIKE ORDER!

I'm sure few people will really care, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Here's the order of the episodes on the set:
Crime Doesn't Pay... It Really Doesn't
Everybody Loves Pushy
The Wrath of Klinko
You Only Like Twice
Beauty and the Obese Part 1
Beauty and the Obese Part 2
The Bridesmaid
Evil Things come in Small Packages
Eruption Junction. What's Your Function?
The Evil Magicians
Cheapo By The Dozen or Stop Making Cents
The Return of the Queen
The Curse of the Werebeaver

You can see that the first two episodes are out of order, but everything else is fine.

Gord

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Do you have the official version or maybe a screener version since it doesn't come out for another three weeks? Maybe they'll ship different (correct) versions to stores?

It's nice that you provided this information early. Some people might care and it doesn't hurt to mention something that few people might care about. It's always better than not mentioning it.

It also says "Season 1." Wasn't there only one season (13 episodes)? Are there unaired 2nd season episodes? If not, it should say "Complete Series."
-

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's the full set, with packaging and everything. The set contains all 13 episodes of the show, which is all that have been produced as far as I know.

Gord

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
There was a break in the show, then a few episodes showed up that had a different style of animation to them. I assume it all counts as "Season 1", or even "The Complete Series", since I doubt they are producing any more.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I should also point out that the DVDs are censored, both audio and video. Tee chief's genitals are blurred (thankfully), and there are swears that are beeped.

I don't know why these companies advertise things as being uncensored when they aren't. Uncensored means no beeping, and no blurring... am I wrong?

Gord

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

From what I recall, that's the way it originally aired on Spike though ..... so at least we're getting the "original" versions rather than something modified.

Bryan

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I have never seen this show, but is the blurring/bleeping a case similar to South Park? To me, the bleeping on South Park adds to the humor. Is it not the same with this one?

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm still picking this up, I just wish that if it were censored then they wouldn't put "Uncensored" on the cover!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
DVD Talk has just posted a review of the set. Strangely, the reviewer says it's letterboxed (non-anamorphic unfortunately) while the back cover says it is fullscreen. Is this a case where the screener is letterboxed but the consumer version is fullscreen?

The reviewer does mention a possible reason for the episodes being out-of-order.

There also might be music-replacement/removal issues. Tommy Lee's Methods of Mayhem's "Get Naked" and Rob Zombie's "Spookshow Baby" are not included but there is no mention of this on the packaging. TV Tome confirms these songs on the original broadcast.

There is no mention of bleeping dialogue but there is mention of "unpixelated nipples" hence the "Uncensored" label.
-

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Spike/MTV releases have never been in anamorphic widescreen, just regular widescreen (1.33:1 image with bars). I'm not sure why this is.

Gord

Porfirio

Second Unit
Picked up this set last night. I can't really comment on the bleeping right now, since I just spot checked the DVDs, but I can tell you all that the nipples ARE unpixelated. Anyway, the episodes are in the order Gord Lacey listed. Plus the intro music has been changed from it's original broadcast. It's a shame, I really liked the song.

By the way, for those of you who never watched the original broadcast, Kid Rock performed the intro song.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
Ive been trying to pick this up at several circuit cities
for 14.99 but they've all been sold out.
gonna try to price match it with the ad at best buy.

I just wanted to know if this dvd has nudity.. and is it in every episode or just a few? I never saw the show.
thanks

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The long break between airings on SpikeTV occurs between #6 and #7 and you can tell by the change in animation among other subtle things starting with episode #7.

However, of all the reviews I've read on the 'net, no one mentioned that the opening and closing credits of episodes 7-13 are fullscreen 4:3. I watch the episodes zoomed in on my 16:9 screen (since the episodes are in letterboxed 16:9) but the new credits' text are cut off so that's a big clue that the opening credits of episodes 7-13 are 4:3. Credits may not be important to some, but it's just odd seeing them cut off in the beginning. Since the end credits roll, they are still readable to me.

Another odd thing is that two episodes do have a chapter stop after the opening credits (#3 Klinko, #5 Beauty Part 1) and the rest don't.

Yet another odd thing is that I think there are some lines from Erotica/Stripperella throughout the series that are NOT spoken by Pamela Anderson. One example is during "The Evil Magicians" (episode #9). Watch the scene right before 20:00 where Stripperella ties up the magician and says the authorities will be there and she'll call an ambulance. That really doesn't sound like her. I wonder if the show was dubbed or if it was done for the DVD?

Also, I noticed that when Small Fry (in episode #8) is being breastfed in the flashback, the mother's breast is blurred out, so there is "pixelated nipple." There is a lot less nudity after the episodes had their makeover, especially in the Tender Loins scenes.

To keep within the thread title's meaning, I think "Beauty and the Obese" should have stayed 1st and 2nd on the DVD. It seemed too jarring to see and hear things that were meant to be seen and heard for the "1st time" but they're not. For example, the joke about the Chief being in the wheelchair isn't as funny since we know he's not in a wheelchair. The extra commentary characters make to explain things slow down the pace a bit.

I think the theme song is good, only because I forget what the Kid Rock version sounded like, so I can't compare them!

But hey ... this is Stripperella! :D:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.