What's new

"Stripperella" on TNN (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was HYSTERICAL. I was actually surprised at how many jokes there were. The scene with the animated wall revealing the tiny tv with the tin foil on it :laugh: That was classic!

Did anyone else find this more amusing than they originally thought?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Tons of great stuff. I loved the Dr. explaining his reasons for wanting to make all models fat: his mother was a model, he was going to be a model and had was going to go to model school until he was disfigured in a model accident...and his grandparents were killed by models.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Was that Mark Hamill as the villain
The voice of the guy who gave Stripperella her assignments sounded VERY familiar. That voice was definitely from another cartoon (Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy)???????

How about when he was trying to get the automatic wheelchair to work and got pissed off:
"It's a good thing I'm not crippled!" and he threw it in the fireplace :D

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Stripperella was definitely the best of the three new shows last night. But, sadly, that's not saying much for the other two. I thought giving the character Pam Anderson's barb-wire tattoo on her left arm was just a bit much.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I loved it, enjoyed some of the risque' statements like agent 69 and did you notice her grappling hook, it looked like a dildo before it opened out. I'm on this one, is it true widescreen, I'll have to wait for some with a widescreen monitor to tell us.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Easily my favorite of the new TNN/Spike cartoons (of course, I couldn't even make it halfway through Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon). I don't know how much personal involvement Stan Lee has in this show, but the end result was pretty funny. The scanner in the tongue stud was probably what got the biggest laugh for me.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that Tom Kenny does various voices. Maybe that the voice I recognized. It's probably the same voice from Sponge Bob (The announcer to Mermaid Man and the fish reporter)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well I had a few chuckles (like the TV wall thing) but I enjoyed Gary The Rat more. *shrug*

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
The last act had obvious scan lines that were very distracting. This problem seems to occur a lot on this channel. I don't know what this channel does that causes this, but I don't see this on other channels. This is on a 48 in. widescreen HDTV monitor.

Ricky Cash

Agent
I didnt realize Stripparella was animated. I heard Pamela Anderson and figured well... it was something Pamela Anderson was in. She is pretty hard to look at these days, well for about the last 10 years. But I guess cosmetic surgery and bad makeup cant affect your voice. The descriptions in this thread sound pretty good. Think I'll give it a try

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
That show was a lot funnier than it had any right to be.

"Man, that would've been hot five minutes ago."

:laugh:

I'll watch the next episode and hope it is as funny. Girls aren't too badly animated either. :crazy:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Was that Mark Hamill as the villain? TNN squashed the credits and I couldn't check.
Just watched a repeat (because TNN put too many commercials in on Thursday and my TiVo missed the ending) and the credits weren't squished until just after the last voice credit appeared. Yeah, that was Mark Hamill as the villan. And Kid Rock was "Stiffy Woods" the heavy metal singer.

The voice of Chief Stroganoff was Maurice LaMarche. He's done lots of stuff but I always recognize his voice as Brain from "Pinky and the Brain".

I also noticed a lot of jagged edges in the last act. It looks like they forgot to render it at full resolution.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I caught part of it and have to say I thought it was funny. It's a lot like Son of the Beach in some ways, which is good, but it's also like other funny adult cartoon shows.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Maurice LaMarche was also the voice of The Brain on Pinky and the Brain.

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks