What's new

Strictly based on performance, SVS Box or cylinder sub? $1200 to spend. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

It does. It really has surprised me very much. IMO one of the best bargain subs you can buy if not the best bargain sub. I initially just bought it to hold me over till some of the new stuff comes out but I talked to Ron and asked him how he thought two or three PB10 NSD's would sound. Half tempted to try that out.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
I have the pb12 plus/2 and its awesome in black, big bang for the buck, im soon to add another. Its just that good.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Chris,

We're working on an update to that now actually. Trying to tighten up prices and dates both and should be posting more tomorrow. As a prelude, pre-orders are expected to finally be let loose mid-April, but it'll be a bit more lengthy period than usual. First PB13-Ultra's and PC-Ultras are expected to ship last half of June, first half of July.

There are some unique parts we've designed for this new family which haven't yet arrived however so as always this is our best projection. Once pre-orders start however we're still not collecting money from folks, just getting any initial waiting list established ;^)

Ron
SVS

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
Ron,

When are you guy going to come up with a shirt or logo like this with a box sub on it?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

I hear ya, love my SVS apparel. But where is the love for the boxes? :)

I would rather them work on their subwoofers before the t-shirts though. Got to have priorities.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Maybe we'll get there Steve, but indeed we've been pretty slammed for a while on getting the lines fleshed out a bit more.

No question the Subhuman Cylinder needs a pal at some point though ;^)

Ron
SVS

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Jack, did you miss this info before? There was a whole discussion when they released the info on the 13... I think you summed it up pretty well though :D

mylan

Screenwriter

Yeah, me too, I got a house, two cars, lots of debt, and a need for a new sub. Looks like neither of us gets one for now :D

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I got a bedroom, receiver, 4 speakers, $0 debt, and about $600 to my name... I don't have close to what you have (but then again, what would you expect from a 16 year old?)

*EDIT*
And, with the same amount of space and driver size/power a cylinder will sound better than a box. But, if you were really geeky, you can build yourself a cylinder subwoofer. It has to do with sound waves and how they work...

I got this from a website, so don't take this as advice until someone verifies it!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

Been well out of the AV loop as of late...any free time is spent with my Strat and my young 'un. ;) I had heard info, but hadn't seen the specifics on the .pdf. There's a reason SVS leads the pack...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks