What's new

Streets of San Francisco's Karl Malden dead (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Karl Malden, 97, an Academy Award-winning actor who excelled in plainspoken, working-class roles, including the awkward Mitch in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and a brave priest in "On the Waterfront," died today at his home in Los Angeles. No cause of death was immediately disclosed.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Our prayers go out to his family. He was in so many movies & shows...a lot of great viewing memories. One of my favorite roles he played was in the movie Patton as Gen. Bradley. Another one was in "The Cincinnati Kid" with Steve McQueen.

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
Seems like only yesterday that Karl Malden was doing those American Express commercials."American Express don't leave home with out 'em." Another great from the golden era of tv and movies is gone. He will be sorely missed. Ninety seven, now that was a long life.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Yes I was sad to hear Karl passed to day he was one of the great old time actors, and the streets of San francisco was one of my favorite shows growing up in the 70's . He will be missed.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
it was sad to hear about Malden passing. I hope the remaining seasons will be released. I believe that Michael Douglas was eventually replaced by Richard Hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks