Streem Speaker Experience (or at least knowledge)?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Tony--C, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

Hi Gang. I've run into the website for Streem speakers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. The price/product ratio seems to put them in the Fluance catagory. Is it another case of "too good to be true", or a real bargain? Their website seems just a bit vague to me.

2. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

Hi I bought the Streem Ht-808 package. Its not bad for the money, but I still upgraded to axioms. The fs-808`s had nice bass but lacked a bit in the Highs and mids. Thet didn't too bad with movies but I didn`t care for what they did with music. Good speakers for a rec room.

3. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

Hi I bought the Streem Ht-808 package. Its not bad for the money, but I still upgraded to axioms. The fs-808`s had nice bass but lacked a bit in the Highs and mids. Thet didn't too bad with movies but I didn`t care for what they did with music. Good speakers for a rec room.

4. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

I understand your upgrade. I ultimately decided to quit trying to cheat reality by trying to get something special for nothing. Never did find any glowing reviews of Streem other than how cheap it was. Like you, I wound up with Axiom (M60's, VP100, M2i's for surrounds). I absolutely love them. Are you happy with yours?

5. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

I understand your upgrade. I ultimately decided to quit trying to cheat reality by trying to get something special for nothing. Never did find any glowing reviews of Streem other than how cheap it was. Like you, I wound up with Axiom (M60's, VP100, M2i's for surrounds). I absolutely love them. Are you happy with yours?

6. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Tony,
    For the $$ it is hard to beat the Axioms IMO. They sound better (IMO) than many speakers twice or more there cost. I switched from Klipsch Reference to Axiom M22's, VP150, QS8's and have never looked back. I also must admit I pushed scott to upgrade to Axioms over his Streems because when i listened to them it sounded like they were still in the box(highs and mids were "muddy"). They did put out decent bass like scott says but they don't cut the mustard for any critical listening. I agree they are more suited to a second room or rec room setup.

Dalton

7. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Tony,
    For the $$ it is hard to beat the Axioms IMO. They sound better (IMO) than many speakers twice or more there cost. I switched from Klipsch Reference to Axiom M22's, VP150, QS8's and have never looked back. I also must admit I pushed scott to upgrade to Axioms over his Streems because when i listened to them it sounded like they were still in the box(highs and mids were "muddy"). They did put out decent bass like scott says but they don't cut the mustard for any critical listening. I agree they are more suited to a second room or rec room setup.

Dalton

8. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

Hey Dalton

I totally agree about Axiom. I searched, and listened, far and wide before buying. They are just phenomenal. The only thing I'm questioning is not getting the QS8's for surrounds. At the time it was a money thing, and generally I do prefer monopole rears, but I've heard so many shouts of praise for the Q's on the Axiom forum. Are you madly in love with them also?

9. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

Hey Dalton

I totally agree about Axiom. I searched, and listened, far and wide before buying. They are just phenomenal. The only thing I'm questioning is not getting the QS8's for surrounds. At the time it was a money thing, and generally I do prefer monopole rears, but I've heard so many shouts of praise for the Q's on the Axiom forum. Are you madly in love with them also?

10. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton

Yes! The QS8's are truly remarkable surrounds. They really suck you into the whole surround "envelopment". I sometimes can't believe the big sound sound they produce. The Klipsch setup was very good for HT but the Axioms edge them out IMO.

11. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton

Yes! The QS8's are truly remarkable surrounds. They really suck you into the whole surround "envelopment". I sometimes can't believe the big sound sound they produce. The Klipsch setup was very good for HT but the Axioms edge them out IMO.

12. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

I agree with Dalton. I`m saving up for the QS8`s because they are awesome!! I just purchased the M22`s and the VP150 and can`t wait to finish off my system. The Axiom`s do have a great sound. I`m still undecided what 2 do use for the 6th channel (QS8 or Qs4) or 2 make it 7 channels. What do u think D?

13. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

I agree with Dalton. I`m saving up for the QS8`s because they are awesome!! I just purchased the M22`s and the VP150 and can`t wait to finish off my system. The Axiom`s do have a great sound. I`m still undecided what 2 do use for the 6th channel (QS8 or Qs4) or 2 make it 7 channels. What do u think D?