What's new

Streaming Channels - The Best and Worst (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
With so many major new streaming channels, I would love to see forum feedback & reviews on the major options. I'm not talking just the biggies most are familiar with like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Crackle, Sling or Hulu, but the other newer ones that are coming along nicely.

What about recommendations for other quality channels to get, or advice on ones to avoid? For example:

Pluto TV - dozens of streaming entertainment, news, weather & variety channels presented like cable TVs preview channel. Content is improving each week! Their new On Demand movies (and TV series) includes major film content such as "Vanilla Sky", "Silence of the Lambs" and many others. It avoids those same public domain and obscure C-level movies that populate many other channels.

CBS News 24/7 - an instant stream of today's news. Can't tell if it's live or slightly delayed. But it looks like you turned on a CNN or FOX News clone. A great news option if you have dropped cable or satellite tv.

ABC - Tons of free episodes from most of ABC's current series. Episodes arrive a day after broadcast. An account is needed if you want to watch the next day. But if you are patient, then a week after broadcast, episodes are free for about a month. Most series have 4 or more episodes available at any given time. All free. Excellent way to stay current on ABC shows without cable. Much better than CBS All Access which won't let you watch a single one of their current shows without a monthly subscription.

Smithsonian Channel - Lots and lots of quality, full length documentaries. No subscription needed.

Shout! Factory TV - Great selection of movies, TV series and even some of their DVD bonus material. No subscription needed, but it does include commercials.

Any forum members recommend some others we should look into (or ones to skip)?

Last edited:

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
I really like Britbox. It's $6.99/month, with lots of classic and current British shows. It gets the current "EastEnders" and "Coronation Street" episodes within 24 hours of their UK airings. Also, ALL the existing CLASSIC "Doctor Who" episodes (a lot of the early ones were wiped by the BBC and no longer exist).

I'm watching more of it than the other services I currently subscribe to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks