What's new

Streaming an NFL game with the NFL app (1 Viewer)

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Is this an easy thing to do? Any tips? I have the adapter cable to plug into my iPhone 6, and the other end into my TV's HDMI input.

Thanks.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
What games are you specifically trying to watch, and what other streaming equipment do you have?

I've never streamed through the NFL directly, because it's mainly been limited to mobile services I don't have. But, I have streamed ESPN's Monday Night Football on my computer, as well as Yahoo's London games through my Amazon Fire box.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Might be easier to chromecast or AirPlay if you have an iPhone and appletv.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If you have an HDMI cable for your iPhone, it will technically work with your display. However, from what I recall there are only a limited number of games available via the NFL app. The games used to be restricted to Verizon customers only, but I thought I saw somewhere that had changed.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Typically the only free games on the NFL Mobile app are those that are already on TV in your local market (as well as primetime national games). Out-of-market games are not available for streaming via the app. Here;s the blurb about the NFL app from Consumer Reports:

Formerly a perk only for Verizon wireless customers, you can now stream NFL games on your mobile devices, regardless of carrier, by using the NFL Mobile app. The free streaming, which is also available on Verizon's Yahoo Sports App for mobile devices, is limited to local-market games and primetime national games, but also includes playoff games and the Super Bowl nationwide. It doesn’t include Sunday afternoon out-of-market games, which are still controlled by DirecTV.

You can also buy NFL Gamepass but it only lets you stream out-of-market games AFTER they are over.

Directv's exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket is the only (legal) way to stream out-of-market, regionally televised NFL games.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Thanks all. I was trying to stream the Bears vs. Bucs game last Sunday. It wouldn't allow me to do it because it wasn't a local game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks