What's new

International Strategia Del Ragno by Bertolucci,Finally on BR (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
The New Japanese 31gb Blue Ray (region (A) is a wonderful transfer of one of the most Beautiful films ever made
There's only the Italian soundtrack ,and two different Japanese subtitles options ,which can be turned off
The Film is 1:33 and while the image isn't perfect ,being a early Storaro film ,It has some stunning moments

the only version I had of this ,was a fair transfer from the IFC channel ,I am adding the English surtitles myself
why we don't have a US or UK version of this ,is a real crime to the history of film ,Criterion has been pretty lame
when it comes to Bertolucci films ,one has to go elsewhere while they do films already on Blue Ray

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
some ok screen shots

Attachments

• spiders.2.jpg
    spiders.2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 106
  • spiders1.jpg
    spiders1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 97
  • spiders4.jpg
    spiders4.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 123
  • spiders5.jpg
    spiders5.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 90
  • spiders 7.jpg
    spiders 7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 103

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
This is one of our very favourite Bertolucci movies ... I was very excited until I saw there were no English subtitles. I can't add a subtitle file myself as I lack a Blu ray burner!
How sad ... but I guess the good news is that if a good transfer now exists, it may well emerge elsewhere in an accessible format.
I see you noticed this too, David ... life still good in NZ? We're coping ok, surviving Robyn's two heart attacks (mild fortunately), my worsening asthma and now rheumatoid arthritis, and still viewing movies thanks to the wet macular degeneration eye injections ... it's fun growing into middle-age!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
It's one of my favorites also. I saw it at the New York Film Festival with Bertollucci in attendance. That year he had 2 films in the NYFF; the other was THE CONFORMIST, and it seemed at the time that he had created an entirely new way of both making and seeing films with those 2 entries.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
adding subtiles now ,wasn't easy.sub title file I got works fine ,but is out of sync with film,so I must use a program to hand fix it
The more I watch it ,the more I see this transfer is lightyears better than old IFC channel version (or crappy tape)
I did notice that all subtitles are not the same,the eng ones on the IFC airing are sometimes completely different than the
ones I got the ffile for

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
These are 1,37. The German BD masks it slightly to 1.66 and I. Actually like this ratio. There is no doubt Berto and Storaro filmed for theatrical release outside Italy where it was originally shot for RAI television. Thennew Jap disc is stunning for color, better than the German disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks