1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

International Strategia Del Ragno by Bertolucci,Finally on BR

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Peter Neski, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

The New Japanese 31gb Blue Ray (region (A) is a wonderful transfer of one of the most Beautiful films ever made
    There's only the Italian soundtrack ,and two different Japanese subtitles options ,which can be turned off
    The Film is 1:33 and while the image isn't perfect ,being a early Storaro film ,It has some stunning moments

the only version I had of this ,was a fair transfer from the IFC channel ,I am adding the English surtitles myself
    why we don't have a US or UK version of this ,is a real crime to the history of film ,Criterion has been pretty lame
    when it comes to Bertolucci films ,one has to go elsewhere while they do films already on Blue Ray

AnthonyClarke and david hare like this.
  2. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

some ok screen shots

Attached Files:

3. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Screenwriter

Anthony
    This is one of our very favourite Bertolucci movies ... I was very excited until I saw there were no English subtitles. I can't add a subtitle file myself as I lack a Blu ray burner!
    How sad ... but I guess the good news is that if a good transfer now exists, it may well emerge elsewhere in an accessible format.
    I see you noticed this too, David ... life still good in NZ? We're coping ok, surviving Robyn's two heart attacks (mild fortunately), my worsening asthma and now rheumatoid arthritis, and still viewing movies thanks to the wet macular degeneration eye injections ... it's fun growing into middle-age!

4. Martin_Teller

Martin_Teller Stunt Coordinator

Martin Teller
    Same here. Hopefully we'll get a decent Blu with subs before too long.

5. lark144

lark144 Supporting Actor
    Supporter

mark gross
    It's one of my favorites also. I saw it at the New York Film Festival with Bertollucci in attendance. That year he had 2 films in the NYFF; the other was THE CONFORMIST, and it seemed at the time that he had created an entirely new way of both making and seeing films with those 2 entries.

6. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

adding subtiles now ,wasn't easy.sub title file I got works fine ,but is out of sync with film,so I must use a program to hand fix it
    The more I watch it ,the more I see this transfer is lightyears better than old IFC channel version (or crappy tape)
    I did notice that all subtitles are not the same,the eng ones on the IFC airing are sometimes completely different than the
    ones I got the ffile for

7. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

I like to add the film is 1:66 and those screen shots I posted aren't big files

8. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

DfSuNNoVMAEHDEf.
    its 1:33 not 1:66

9. david hare

david hare Second Unit

david hare
    These are 1,37. The German BD masks it slightly to 1.66 and I. Actually like this ratio. There is no doubt Berto and Storaro filmed for theatrical release outside Italy where it was originally shot for RAI television. Thennew Jap disc is stunning for color, better than the German disc.

10. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Screenwriter

yeah I looked at the little clip of the German disc and it looks drab