What's new

Strangers With Candy: Season 3 (WHEN!?) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Alright, I think fans have been patient...

Season 1 was released mid June a year ago, and season 2 followed in November. I've been anxiously awaiting season 3... but there's been nothing mentioned as far as I know.

As it looks now, it'll be at least Fall before we might get anything at all... but part of me wonders if we'll get the 3rd and final year at all...

Perhaps they're waiting to tie the release in with the big screen movie version currently filming?

Anyone else interested in seeing this show finished?

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I think they are waiting until the fall. I am also wanting this DVD! But dont worry, because they WILL finish the series out.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i hope you are right. but how do you know? i'm sure they are waiting to coincide with the release of the movie. i just watched season 3 again with the crappy avi files i downloaded years ago, and it was still as funny as ever. i'll be at best buy on release day for sure. BUT, where the hell is the Upright Citizens Brigade seasons 2 and 3? i also have crappy avi files of UCB as well, but i definitely recommend the real dvds, the commentaries are worth the price of the dvd without question. i dont like comedy central for cancelling the only two good shows they ever produced (before reno 911).

John*P

Second Unit
I've never seen Strangers with Candy. I had no idea there was a SWC movie in the works...maybe that's what is causing the delay for Season 3. Either that, or sales were poor for the last set. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the UCB DVDs didn't sell well...if they were going to release more seasons, Comedy Central probably would have announced something by now. :frowning:

John*P

Second Unit
Cool for the SWC fans, but does anyone have any idea what's going on with Upright Citizens Brigade: Season 2? C'mon, I want more Amy Poehler on DVD! :P

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I'm sorry David but I couldn't find any info on TVShowsOnDVD regarding SWC season 3. Could you provide a direct link?

Kyle**S

Stunt Coordinator
Check here: *www*tvshowsondvd*com/newsitem*cfm?NewsID=1675*

(but without the asterisks)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Look for a news item, should be up later today, with the cover art. Gord got it yesterday from an industry source; he just has to prep it and get it posted.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That's just nasty. I love Jerri Blank. :) The best was season 2, where she's doing the finger in the mouth thing... yum.

"I ordered the vice channel. Pretty good movies. They cut out for the money shot, but you still see a WHOLE lot of pink..."

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Wow, its out Tuesday. I havent seen much of the 3rd season when it was on Comedy Central, so it should be good.

I saw the final episode when it aired, though, and thought it was a very weird way to end the series (but still pretty hilarious nonetheless.)

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait to pick this up, either. I've read that the movie still doesn't have a distributor, but that shouldn't be a problem. Ian Holm + Amy Sedaris == Bags of Money

The first four episodes of season three are in the season two set, btw.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I know someone who saw a teaser for the movie recently. He said it was a shot of the moon or the sun, with a voice over saying that "in life, there are many lessons we're taught early on..." he then says a ton of typical stuff kids are warned about, drugs, crossing the street, and then "Never take candy from strangers." then a light appears and shows the image of the sun is actually jerri blank and she says "Unless it's from me."

So at least word seems to be spreading. I've heard a ton of people talking about this, and the show is a lot bigger than I thought.

Too bad a revival series probably won't happen. I can see it being successful if they make it cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks