What's new

Strangers With Candy S1- June 17th (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to Davis DVD, the entire first season of the excellent show Strangers With Candy is coming out on June 17th. It has commentary tracks, outtakes, etc, and sounds like a great set. However, I'm confused...it says that it's coming out on June 17th, which is way less than a month from now. Can this be? Hopefully so.... Does anyone have any further info on this?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
One of the great lost shows. I think it went over the heads of a lot of folks. Amy Sedaris is frickin' hysterical (as is her brother, David).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
All I can say is a wonderful quote from Ms. Blank...

Trish: "Can I get some water? I'm a little dry."
Jerri: "I'm plenty wet."
-- from "The Trip Back"

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's coming for sure. Comedy Central appears to be releasing it. I ordered the set from amazon.com for 22 bucks. Not too bad a deal I might say.

I love the cover, that face she makes is what got me hooked on the dern show!

Wish it hadn't left the airwaves...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
According to some SWC websites, there are no plans to release subsequent seasons at the moment. Unfortunately, with seemingly no marketing behind this release, I doubt the sales numbers will be high enough to convince them otherwise. I hope I'm proven wrong. This was a fantastic series.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
"I guess I've learned that virginity is a wonderful and precious thing...as long as it doesn't interfere with you having sex."

YES!! I was hoping they would put this out on DVD!
I am so going to get this..."Big Time..."

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
This thread made me want to look around and see what Amy has been up to lately and I found this hilarious story about her & brother David Sedaris that had me laughing so hard that I had to share it.

" Like Al said, it looks like she gets a kick out of embarrassing her brother every chance she can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks