Stranger things season 2 Target exclusive

dana martin

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Hey so I just found out next Tuesday that Target is got the exclusive release of season 2 of stranger things it's going to be in the VHS style packaging like before but the difference is this time they're releasing the Blu-ray and the 4K at the same time just letting everybody know

Reactions: Ethan Riley

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know! I was planning to go to Target anyway!

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Picked this up today and it's big! It's a VHS style release (with 3 blu-rays and 3 DVDs in it), but it's one of those hard case VHS boxes, like you'd see in a video store back in the 80s. More nice work on the package design.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Same packaging as the Season 1 set.
Not exactly. Season 1 had a slipcase over a box made to look like a VHS tape, with the discs inside. Season 2 is a hard plastic videocassette case, with a paper insert under a plastic window, and inside is a flap made to look like a videocassette, with the discs under it. They're similar, but a nice variation.

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I haven't played the discs yet but I think the only bonus features are prints of photos that appear to have been taken on cameras similar to disposable film cameras.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I haven't played the discs yet but I think the only bonus features are prints of photos that appear to have been taken on cameras similar to disposable film cameras.
Thanks. I was just curious because Netflix had some interviews with the cast they put on their service and I wasn’t sure if they decided to transfer them to the blu ray.

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
From The Digital Bits...Target Stores are now exclusively selling Netflix’s Stranger Things: Season Two on 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo (SRP $29.99) and Blu-ray/DVD Combo (SRP $24.99). Each comes in oversized VHS clamshell packaging and includes behind-the-scenes photos. I hear there’s actual HDR10 on the 4K this time. Audio appears to be DTS-HD MA. Here’s what they look like...

Ethan Riley

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I love that they're doing this, but I'm hoping for a slimmer design sometime down the line.

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I didn't know this was out, but was at Target yesterday and picked up the BD for $17, or $8 off list price. They also had season 1 BD for $10, but I already had that from the intial release.

Reactions: holtge

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Season 3 is going to premiere this July. I wonder if October is too soon for Season 3 blu-rays from Target?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmmclainq